runners can no longer lower their heads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is already a four page Thread on this subject
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      eliminate the RB position all together ....go 5 wide and toss it down field every snap
      Sounds like the Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
        Think about you just described .... And simulate it yourself .....how awkward is that .... And the offensive player is in high risk of injuring his neck..... Stupid rule
        No more awkward than linemen in their three point stance
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
          Remember this rule only applies outside the tackle box. It's not that big a deal. They are trying to avoid the open field full speed helmet to helmet contact.
          no one seems to get that besides u and me

Comment

• This may be a dumb question but how many injuries did players suffer from RB's leading with the crown? From what I understand Fisher said there were about 6 instances last year that were plays that would have been penalized.....In those instances I'd like to know how many players were actually hurt.

I know this is about player safety but I really don't recall this being a major issue that causes many injuries. I may be wrong but if someone has the numbers....I'm willing to listen. Honestly it sounds like a rule to appease the defenders who had the rule brought down upon them also.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Yes, given how good they are with all of those holding calls
              Not to mention the defenseless receiver calls. And QB blow to the head calls. And pass interference calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
                This may be a dumb question but how many injuries did players suffer from RB's leading with the crown? From what I understand Fisher said there were about 6 instances last year that were plays that would have been penalized.....In those instances I'd like to know how many players were actually hurt.

I know this is about player safety but I really don't recall this being a major issue that causes many injuries. I may be wrong but if someone has the numbers....I'm willing to listen. Honestly it sounds like a rule to appease the defenders who had the rule brought down upon them also.
                It's not a dumb question and I don't know the answer. But I am pretty sure they have stats on it, just like they do on kickoffs. At some point some mmedia head will think to ask and we'll know.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

It's not a dumb question and I don't know the answer. But I am pretty sure they have stats on it, just like they do on kickoffs. At some point some mmedia head will think to ask and we'll know.
                  The other day ESPN refered to this as the Trent Richardson Rule because of the hit you can see at the 0:29 mark of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDwRkONl10

But, I say again. Lowering the crown of your helmet has ALWAYS been illegal in the NFL. They are simply making it a point of emphasis to include offensive players in the enforcement.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope they do ask it soon cause I'm interested in hearing the statistics.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                      Understandable. I'm over the cap debacle. Was it annoying? Yeah, but I've come to accept a few things on the issue.

1.) The NFL does not operate the same as most businesses as evidenced by many of the actions and events it practices.
                      2.) Therefore, with consensus, pretty much anything passed can be legal as justified by the vague nature of the 'spirit of competition'.
                      3.) The competition committee acted within NFL guidelines to reduce the cap space of both franchises.
                      4.) It wasn't completely unwarranted. It's not like Snyder and Jones are saints in this scenario. They did, in fact, try to gain a competitive advantage in 2010 by manipulating the salary cap for future years to a greater extent than most other teams.

Those are the main points... I could go on, but I think it's clear here and no one here would probably debate otherwise.

But back to the topic... from what I can infer is that this rule, while it may annoyingly slow the pace of some games, actually does a lot to address a sizeable issue with chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

In the end, it will probably work out just like any other new rule.
                      Dude, if you want to troll around & talk smack, maybe wait until your team stops perennially sucking? Or is the off-season your golden window of opportunity for that? Seriously, piss off.

Comment

• Originally posted by wideright91 View Post
                        Dude, if you want to troll around & talk smack, maybe wait until your team stops perennially sucking? Or is the off-season your golden window of opportunity for that? Seriously, piss off.
                        Ease up, he wasn't talking smack, he was responding to something I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-rule-passes/

I don't see this working out well. The officials have enough to worry about.
                          Worst rule ever

Comment

• Originally posted by wideright91 View Post
                            How is this talking smack? It's a good post.

Comment

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
                              This may be a dumb question but how many injuries did players suffer from RB's leading with the crown? From what I understand Fisher said there were about 6 instances last year that were plays that would have been penalized.....In those instances I'd like to know how many players were actually hurt.

I'm with you.

Comment

• it's nuts really. look at any vintage NFL film footage. They use to Mack truck defenders and LBs use to kill QBs.

where did that League go to?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
                                X