Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

runners can no longer lower their heads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
    Earl Campbell... same with Larry Czonka, and many more. Charlie Tolar, the Human Bowling Ball, made a career out of it. Once Earl sees the man and lowers his torso he must also lower his head, and keep it there through impact, or else he's snapping his neck backwards.
    This is now 15 yards.
    this is now not 15 yds. its inbetween the tackle to tackle box area.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      TY, Tex... I forgot the 3 yd/tackle box boundaries.
      But, He was close to more than 3 yds. past the LOS. This is one of those 'grey' areas, possibly? Some refs might throw a flag on this, and some might not. It will be interesting
      its not 3 yds "past", its 3 yds before the LOS extended all the way to the endline.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
        I thought it had to be blatant?
        well that clip, that is by definition what id call blatant. he blatantly used the crown as a weapon and demolished a guy lol. thats the barometer. out in space outside the tackles, if a rb does that, its a penalty. if its not as blatant as that, it aint gnna be called no matter where on the field

        Comment


        • Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          well that clip, that is by definition what id call blatant. he blatantly used the crown as a weapon and demolished a guy lol. thats the barometer. out in space outside the tackles, if a rb does that, its a penalty. if its not as blatant as that, it aint gnna be called no matter where on the field
          WTF? It's what a safety/ CB deserves for trying to tackle a RB. That one on one at the second or third level of defense is the rare opportunity a RB has to exact some punishment after taking the punishment all day long. On the other hand it's a chance for a TT or a Prince to show that they can come with the funk despite their size. Out in space-mano a mano- its what football is about.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

          http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
            that hit is not out in space, and though the angle isnt wide enough to be sure, all those bodies suggest the play is still inside the tackle box. no call according to this rule.
            Exactly, which is why I'll challenge the 'safety argument'. If spearing is not safe then it's not safe. Don't tell me it's safe in certain circumstances.

            The other issue of course is officiating it. Is it reviewable? What happens on close calls? If a RB initiates contact at the 3 yard marker but the brunt of it occurs outside 3 yards what is the call? I just see it as another judgmental call the officials will struggle with.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
              WTF? It's what a safety/ CB deserves for trying to tackle a RB. That one on one at the second or third level of defense is the rare opportunity a RB has to exact some punishment after taking the punishment all day long. On the other hand it's a chance for a TT or a Prince to show that they can come with the funk despite their size. Out in space-mano a mano- its what football is about.
              Every one of us salivated when BJ was able to turn it upfield... we knew it could probably come down to those CB/S mismatches. Who can forget Landry, although BJ didn't blow him away with his helmet... I seem to remember it was his shoulder.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                well that clip, that is by definition what id call blatant. he blatantly used the crown as a weapon and demolished a guy lol. thats the barometer. out in space outside the tackles, if a rb does that, its a penalty. if its not as blatant as that, it aint gnna be called no matter where on the field
                I'm not sure how you could say that. I'd love to think that'll be true but knowing the NFL, I don't. The game is difficult to call and this will only add to it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  its not 3 yds "past", its 3 yds before the LOS extended all the way to the endline.
                  ??? Please double check that. I think it's 3 yards either side.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    Every one of us salivated when BJ was able to turn it upfield... we knew it could probably come down to those CB/S mismatches. Who can forget Landry, although BJ didn't blow him away with his helmet... I seem to remember it was his shoulder.
                    I loved watching BJ truck our opponents. It was one of my favorite aspects to our offense. Who will ever forget his first run in the NFC Championship game up in Green Bay?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                      I loved watching BJ truck our opponents. It was one of my favorite aspects to our offense. Who will ever forget his first run in the NFC Championship game up in Green Bay?
                      Charles Woodson because he's the one that got his bells rung.

                      Comment


                      • I think we will get more clarification soon. I feel like this rule won't be a big deal by next year once we know from this season exactly what is a penalty and what isnt.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X