Brian Urlacher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I think the Conner signing is it for LBs until the draft, or at least Im hoping so. I think we need a young buck for the future of the organIzation.
    r u suggesting the vet min Conner is the young buck for the future of this organization?

Comment

someone elses washed up slow crap? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

I love how every one of these threads now starts with "I don't usually do this but," !! lol

Comment

Pretty sure everyone would love to have Urlacher here but as others have pointed out it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$......and the Giants have none left under their cap.

Comment

Giants will not even consider it, that position has been addressed. They need to focus on their FA or fill a void.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
              I love how every one of these threads now starts with "I don't usually do this but," !! lol
              Haha, you're right but people, including myself, are getting desperate. The Giants are soft as hell as LB and when Rivers is put in a full body cast at the end of their first practice, the thought of defending all of these mobile with our older and slow D makes us want to throw ourselves in front of a steamroller.

I mean, people keep saying the Giants will draft a LB in the early rounds? LMAO, I'll believe it when I see it and won't hold my breath...
              Last edited by JB456; 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                I'm not one to throw names out and expect us to sign every free agent. However, he cant be much worse than connor at this point in his career. He's a bit slow and a bit long in the tooth but would be a good fit here IMO. If, of course, the price is right.
                Id take him cheap but he turned down a 1 year two mil contract from Da Bears. IDK if we have the cap room. However Connor is younger, healthier, and more athletic at this point in their respective careers. Connor has played well when given his opportunities. I have no problem with him fighting for a Starting job and adding Urlacher would do nothing but improve our MLB position

Comment

Originally posted by LayLow View Post
                  Ha! Knew this was coming.

No freaking way. Much rather bring Chase back
                  Ever play the game bud? Urlacher's presence on the field (AND leadership) is enough for the Giants organization to be at least somewhat interested. Chase was no leader and he was just an average LB. Some of you guys kill me.

Yeah, let's call him and see if we can pick him up. I shouldn't have to say, "for the right price," just to please some of you kids. That just goes without saying...

Comment

Originally posted by GiantPride13 View Post
                    Id take him cheap but he turned down a 1 year two mil contract from Da Bears. IDK if we have the cap room. However Connor is younger, healthier, and more athletic at this point in their respective careers. Connor has played well when given his opportunities. I have no problem with him fighting for a Starting job and adding Urlacher would do nothing but improve our MLB position
                    Well said. However, Urlacher said that he wouldn't take 2 million from the Bears....

I don't know. It would just be nice to get an actual leader out there for our defense.

Comment

The 2 Mill. Offer Was A Slap In The Face

Well that is what He said according to Mike and Mike in the AM. We have seen odder things happen. Welker took less jack ( supposedly ) to be Peyton Manning's new " Little Buckeroo " When you can't always get what you want, ( Great Song ) Sometimes a player will go somewhere else just to show-up His former team in another uniform. " Hey Brian, come on over the water's fine. Play for the League Minimum, and actually win a Super Bowl "

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post
                        Ahh...Here is the Urlacher thread!! lol
                        I'm shocked nobody started a David Akers thread yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                          That's ignorant. I'm not a Chase hater, I actually liked him more or less (called for his head a few times too though lol) but come on. Urlacher a year or 2 from retirement is more of an asset to any team over chase. And that's not just on reputation. That's just a better player, even at this stage of his career. That said, he wouldn't resign with Chi for a low salary and we just signed Connor. No way we make a play unless he begs to come here and even then...
                          Chase had a better year last year than Urlacher did
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

I wonder if he will take a $2.53 one year contact with 75 cents guaranteed.

On a serious note, I would love to have him, but we'd have to offer him about 2-3 mil.

Comment

If it were just his age it would be a lot easier to make the decision for a short term deal, but he's also coming off a major knee injury.

However, I'm expecting Reese to once again neglect the LB position in the draft, which might change my opinion on Urlacher.

A 70% Urlacher might be better than what the Giants have after the draft.....in his prime his production was off the charts. And, he's coming from a Lovie Smith defense, which is very similar to what Fewell does.

Still, considering the Connor signing, there's no need to make a decision until after the draft.....and then, they could kick his tires. He'll be 2 years removed from the knee injury.

As a sidenote, the Bears didn't handle this well....from what I'm hearing in the papers, there was really no effort made to work a deal, and there was no "mutual" agreement to part ways, according to Urlacher's camp.
                              Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 03-21-2013, 02:48 PM.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Nothing against Urlacher, but I don't see him ending up in a Giants uni. I don't know what kind of money he is looking for---but apparently 1yr at 2 mil was not it. At 35, Urlacher may have 2 yrs left. I think a team will sign him as a stop gap/band-aid, but I don't think it will be for top dollar. And who knows, Urlacher may want to go to a contender, since he is in the twilight of his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X