Brian Urlacher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Urlacher?

I'm not one to throw names out and expect us to sign every free agent. However, he cant be much worse than connor at this point in his career. He's a bit slow and a bit long in the tooth but would be a good fit here IMO. If, of course, the price is right.

Is the price right?

Comment

I think we now need to focus on get Boothe resigned and working on LT deal for Cruz.. I think we may be done in the FA market unless they plan on resigning some of our FAs
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
        Is the price right?
        Can't imagine him getting much more than vet minimum on the open market.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          I think we now need to focus on get Boothe resigned and working on LT deal for Cruz.. I think we may be done in the FA market unless they plan on resigning some of our FAs
          yea you're probably right. Urlacher would be a great leader in the middle of the D.

Comment

Ha! Knew this was coming.

No freaking way. Much rather bring Chase back
            We Want 5!

Comment

I think the Conner signing is it for LBs until the draft, or at least Im hoping so. I think we need a young buck for the future of the organIzation.
              2017 Draft Wishlist:
              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

He turned down near minimum from the Bears.

My feeling is he won't play for less than $3M/year which probably puts him out of our price range.

Otherwise I'd love to grab him up for a year or two.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by LayLow View Post
                  Ha! Knew this was coming. No freaking way. Much rather bring Chase back
                  That's ignorant. I'm not a Chase hater, I actually liked him more or less (called for his head a few times too though lol) but come on. Urlacher a year or 2 from retirement is more of an asset to any team over chase. And that's not just on reputation. That's just a better player, even at this stage of his career. That said, he wouldn't resign with Chi for a low salary and we just signed Connor. No way we make a play unless he begs to come here and even then...

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                    Is the price right?
                    Chicago offered him 1yr, 2 mil and he turned it down

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                      I think the Conner signing is it for LBs until the draft, or at least Im hoping so. I think we need a young buck for the future of the organIzation.
                      Agree on both points. I think we're good on LB's from FA

I'd be happy if we got a linebacker and some OL help in the first 2 rounds.

Comment

No way. 35 years old and much slower than he used to be. He is a shell of his former self. He's a fool for not taking the 2 million the Bears offered him.

Comment

Ahh...Here is the Urlacher thread!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                            Can't imagine him getting much more than vet minimum on the open market.
                            He refused a one year 2 mil deal from the bears so obviously he plans on making three or more this year. He's prob looking for two years 7 or 8 mil

Comment

Originally posted by RichGiants81 View Post
                              He refused a one year 2 mil deal from the bears so obviously he plans on making three or more this year. He's prob looking for two years 7 or 8 mil
                              He can look for whatever he wants . . . doesn't mean he is going to get it

Comment

Working...
                              X