Conditioning an issue for Jason Pierre-Paul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
    It means he has good conditioning. remember its really only 10 seconds of movement and 40 seconds of rest. In addition to a rotation.
    wow!
    you never played the game huh?

it's pretty clear by this statement

and backflips or handsprings have absolutely nothing to do with conditioning .....zero

plus Jason put on a bit of weight on the teams recommendation which makes it harder to stay conditioned

still no excuse
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 03-21-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dakotajoe View Post
      A 23-24 year old pro athlete who can do 25 back-flips in a row has conditioning issues? ugh....Coughlin stating that is very uncomplimentary to JPP.
      I think that was Coughlin's intention.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
        Yes we know he is athletic, doesn't necessarily mean he has been keeping up with his conditioning
        True indeed. He won young and dominated almost purely off his talent. He REALLY enjoyed the spoils, I witnessed that a club in West Palm Beach last yr. Let's just say me made the most of it.

He will be back next yr. Pretty sure he knows it won't be that easy every yr.
        Emperor Tom

Comment

yes these are professional athletes and they should be in tip top shape at all times, but if the coaching staff see's that it's players are having conditioning problems then that is on them also. Make these dudes run sprints and gassers until they puke like they did in high school. No excuses on JPP's part either, you are a professional, get it together man

Comment

I too think that the double teams and extra weight both contributed to a drop off in his numbers. Like other mentioned, hopefully he comes into camp at 275, I think a good playing weight for JPP. Strength does help a D-linemen, but working on technique goes a long way as well.

Hopefully Jenkins at DT will help to get that push up the middle, especially if JPP keeps getting doubled.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              wow!

and backflips or handsprings have absolutely nothing to do with conditioning .....zero

plus Jason put on a bit of weight on the teams recommendation which makes it harder to stay conditioned

still no excuse

C'mon YA give it up after reading: Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post

It means he has good conditioning. remember its really only 10 seconds of movement and 40 seconds of rest. In addition to a rotation.

clearly he is "I will never admit I'm wrong" mode
              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

He put on weight really fast as a rookie so he may need to keep up his conditioning to stay in shape. This might be something new for somebody with such natural talent.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by dakotajoe View Post
                  It demonstrates an amazing athletic ability for his size. Anyone with that type of athletic ability at that age should have no excuse for being anything other than well conditioned. I'm just surprised if Coughlin really said that, that's all.
                  It's to bad you had to explain your point. I thought it was obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                    JPP is becoming lazy

JPP looked great in the probowl, I hope he continue to play like that in the regular season
                    The Pro Bowl? Are you kidding?

Comment

Never had to deal with weight gain but keeping the same performance...Im sure its very hard to do.

Then again I've never played football, just tons of rugby...and as a back

Comment

maybe it was because he was the only de who gave 110% on every play he was in on.

Comment

wow!

still no excuse
                          Actually I play collage ball right now... and yes it does. Back flips are exhausting and doing 25 is really tiring. Its better conditioning IMO then running 3 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                            Actually I play collage ball right now... and yes it does. Back flips are exhausting and doing 25 is really tiring. Its better conditioning IMO then running 3 miles.
                            backflips better conditioning than running 3 miles.....right

wow

Comment

There seemed to be a lack of passion and intensity by JPP last season. I seriously hope he hasn't already gotten complacent with his early personal and team success.. Glad coughlin is trying light a fire under his ***.

Comment

backflips better conditioning than running 3 miles.....right

wow
                                I can run 3 miles easy. by backflip 5 im out of breath. I don't dare try a 6th.... Of coarse this is my personal experience and I suppose it could be different for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X