X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditioning an issue for Jason Pierre-Paul

Giants | Conditioning an issue for Jason Pierre-Paul
    Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:00:03 -0700

New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin blamed DE Jason Pierre-Paul's disappointing 2012 season on conditioning issues.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2OBjc8Tgp

JPP is becoming lazy

JPP looked great in the probowl, I hope he continue to play like that in the regular season

Comment

A 23-24 year old pro athlete who can do 25 back-flips in a row has conditioning issues? ugh....Coughlin stating that is very uncomplimentary to JPP.
      Last edited by dakotajoe; 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM.
      Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dakotajoe View Post
        A 23-24 year old pro athlete who can do 25 back-flips in a row has conditioning issues? ugh....Coughlin stating that is very uncomplimentary to JPP.
        What does the ability to do 25 back flips in a row have to do with being able to play hard for the full 60minutes each week?

Comment

I do not like that at all.

Comment

http://boards.giants.com/showthread....PP-gain-weight
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
              What does the ability to do 25 back flips in a row have to do with being able to play hard for the full 60minutes each week?
              It demonstrates an amazing athletic ability for his size. Anyone with that type of athletic ability at that age should have no excuse for being anything other than well conditioned. I'm just surprised if Coughlin really said that, that's all.
              Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

He needs to up his ice tub-dunking reps.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                  It means he has good conditioning. remember its really only 10 seconds of movement and 40 seconds of rest. In addition to a rotation.
                  Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                    It means he has good conditioning. remember its really only 10 seconds of movement and 40 seconds of rest. In addition to a rotation.
                    That means he WAS in good condition when he did that prior to the draft....It does not mean he hasn't gotten complacent in the last 2 years because of all the press hes gotten from the media and the fans....perhaps this was Coughlins way of lighting a fire under him...Lets all be honest....he was not quite the same player last year as the year before....it is possible he didn't work as hard as he should have.....It does happen
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

With all due respect, the last time I saw him do 25 back flips was well before his own draft.

((Damn, someone beat me to the point))

Comment

I remember him saying something like his weight gain last year was "becoming a man"...or something like that.
                        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

He was 290 last season when the offseason started. He looked to me all season to be a bit slower and a little stiffer. But did seem stronger.

Probably a balancing act to find where they want him.
                          Coughlin seems to want him at ~275. So I'm sure he will come in closer to that weight this offseason and we will see how he does. He has to learn how to fight through double teams as well.

But I'm not sure conditioning is the proper word there, he played way more snaps than any of the other DL, and he's much heavier than they are

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                            ..perhaps this was Coughlins way of lighting a fire under him..
                            Probably. Sometimes players experiment with there weight to find out what works best for them. The conditioning part can always be worked on.
                            Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

I guess every year people talk about draftees and how "if they just BULK-UP. . .". I guess we're seeing here the upper limits of what is effective for a player.

Comment

Working...
                              X