Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think was the greatest Giants play of all time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wayoutwest View Post
    LT smashing Thiesman, Romo getting clobbered by Boley were great but the helmet catch was beyond special.
    Do you realy enjoy watching people get hurt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
      It was SB XXV.

As I remember it, we were deep, deep in our own end zone.
      Hoss drops back to pass, and tangled feet with Flipper. He somehow gets his balance, and as he drifted back into the end zone and one of the best pass rushers ever to play football, Bruce Smith, closes in and grabs him.
      But Smith doesn't just grab him, he gets Hoss' passing arm, ball included.
      In an impressive, and seldom credited move, Hoss manages to move the ball to his non throwing hand and take the sack.
      Smith had him, and that ball should have come out, but Hoss just flat out made a made the play.

I don't even know if I remember it correctly, but that still sticks out as a combination of heads up and physical play that may well have won the Gmen that game.
      that play is aroud 2:56 into this vid
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPG5DYoaSqE

Comment

• Wow, this is a tough one, there's so many great moments and huge plays in Giant history but I have one or a string of plays engraved in my memory forever, back in '89 a goaline stand in Denver was nothing short of magic !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfV3RYD7iSs

Every time I see this clip I get wild and pumped up, crazy stuff. Man Oh Man ! Goosebumps all over !
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Phil IS my favorite football hero of all time...No doubt.
          But lets face it, even in his late 50's, you and I both know that Phil could kill Eli in a fight.
          I guess I let the cat out of the bag. When you criticize Eli to death, I take it with a grain of salt cuz there is a bit of hidden agenda there. Suppose the players were different in Super Bowl 42 and it was Phil Simms quarterbacking, how would you really feel about that play? Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
            The only way Phil would ever beat Eli is if he broadcasted him to death.
            BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Then that would be 4 between them.
              So you're giving Simms a credit for a ring even though he didn't play in the 1990 postseason?

in that case, David Carr has 2 rings too

Comment

I'm old so I can't remember "hating on Eli".
                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Maybe Eli would hit Phil over the head with his plastic pale.
                I don't know why you turn every single board that remotely relates to Eli into an anti-Eli soapbox.

It really is getting old.

Comment

• This isn't number one but it was huge.
                  How about the Giants forcing a 49ers fumble with 2:30 left in the 1990 playoff game that led to a game winning field goal by Matt Bahr?
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                    Or his 2 SB rings.
                    Along with his 2 Super Bowl MVP trophies, and maybe highlights of his parades in the Canyon of Heroes. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                      This isn't number one but it was huge.
                      How about the Giants forcing a 49ers fumble with 2:30 left in the 1990 playoff game that led to a game winning field goal by Matt Bahr?
                      That one was big. Practically ended the three-peat for the niners.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4thand1 View Post
                        So you're giving Simms a credit for a ring even though he didn't play in the 1990 postseason?

in that case, David Carr has 2 rings too
                        Phil was 11-2 when he got hurt. I'm trying to remember the 11 games that David Carr won for us.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4thand1 View Post
                          I don't know why you turn every single board that remotely relates to Eli into an anti-Eli soapbox.

It really is getting old.
                          You may want to reread the thread.
                          We were talking about greatest plays and some dope claims that I picked a play from 1986 because I supposedly have something against Eli.
                          Please know what you're talking about before you post.
                          Last edited by Morehead State; 03-22-2013, 08:25 PM.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Here's a challenge: Let's not make this into an Eli vs. Simms thread.
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

You may want to reread the thread.
                              We were talking about greatest plays and some dope claims that I picked a play from 1986 because I supposedly have something against Eli.
                              Please know what you're talking about before you post.
                              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Here's a challenge: Let's not make this into an Eli vs. Simms thread.
                                lol for some people in here that's already too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X