Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think was the greatest Giants play of all time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    There have been a lot of great plays in Giants history. The helmet catch, Plaxico's TD, the goal line stand at Washington, Manningham's catch in SB 46, Bavaro carrying 3 49'rs on his back. And lets not forget Mark Ingram in SB 25.

But to me, nothing compares to 4th and 17 against the Vikings in 1986. Its the play that turned the Giants from a good team to an all time great team.
    The "we have arrived" play
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      There have been a lot of great plays in Giants history. The helmet catch, Plaxico's TD, the goal line stand at Washington, Manningham's catch in SB 46, Bavaro carrying 3 49'rs on his back. And lets not forget Mark Ingram in SB 25.

But to me, nothing compares to 4th and 17 against the Vikings in 1986. Its the play that turned the Giants from a good team to an all time great team.
      Every time I see that replay, I swear he's not going get the 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
        Every time I see that replay, I swear he's not going get the 1st
        That was probably the greatest "Effort Play" of all time.

Comment

im gonna mention the sb 46 pass to MM. it wasnt as dramatic a play, and didnt have any "magic" or "luck" to it, which in my book, makes the play that much better. the eli to tyree play is probably the greatest play in nfl history. i too recall sabol making that claim. i believe that play is still recalled as the greatest sb play in sb history, which can be construed as a bit more objective than trying to define a greatest play of "all time"...but that pass to MM in sb 46 is probably the greatest throw I've seen a QB possibly make. the ball literally gained velocity through its course lol. it fit inside a window no bigger than the football itself...itd almost be like throwing a tennis ball into those tennis ball cans/containers that the ball fits so snug/tightly...and then the catch, with 2 defenders and the sideline, during a SB in the clutch...that play prob wont get the recognition it deserves imo, but it should be up there in the rankings...at that time, everyone was remarking how eerily similar that play was in terms of game drama/big time individual effort to the tyree play in fact...

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
            So many great memories.

Gary Reason's "Hit" ranks up there.

DA UM!
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              im gonna mention the sb 46 pass to MM. it wasnt as dramatic a play, and didnt have any "magic" or "luck" to it, which in my book, makes the play that much better. the eli to tyree play is probably the greatest play in nfl history. i too recall sabol making that claim. i believe that play is still recalled as the greatest sb play in sb history, which can be construed as a bit more objective than trying to define a greatest play of "all time"...but that pass to MM in sb 46 is probably the greatest throw I've seen a QB possibly make. the ball literally gained velocity through its course lol. it fit inside a window no bigger than the football itself...itd almost be like throwing a tennis ball into those tennis ball cans/containers that the ball fits so snug/tightly...and then the catch, with 2 defenders and the sideline, during a SB in the clutch...that play prob wont get the recognition it deserves imo, but it should be up there in the rankings...at that time, everyone was remarking how eerily similar that play was in terms of game drama/big time individual effort to the tyree play in fact...
              It was a memorable play but it was a tad "fluky" As you said there was a lot of luck in that play.
              4th and 17 was just an example of great football.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Madison Hedge**** swing pass.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
                  Thats was the greatest play I have ever seen. After that play, my brother said the Giants were destined to win the Superbowl. I just nodded in agreement and didn't even think there was a possiblility of them losing the game.

On a side note, Joe Buck should have been forced to retire after the game because that was the most pathetic play calling I have ever heard. It sounded like he was a Patriots fan and the play took the wind out of his sail. He was so exited at the prospect of Eli getting sacked that when he avoided it, his exitment fell off a cliff and was completely monotone.

It still cracks me up to hear the announcer, which ever idiot said it, to a wide open David Tyree. As I watch that play he has a Patriot all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy View Post
                    It still cracks me up to hear the announcer, which ever idiot said it, to a wide open David Tyree. As I watch that play he has a Patriot all over him.
                    ...and about 3 others in the area.

Comment

I'll never forget seeing Eli almost get sacked and I already got up and was waiting for the play to end so I could go upstairs and not even watch the rest of the SB. I thought it was over right then.....I won't go into detail about how much I celebrated when Tyree made the catch but let's just say I had to pay my buddy money for repairs to his house.

On a side note, Joe Buck should've gotten shot after that play. An investigation should be made to see how much $ he had on the Pats for that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                        So many great memories.

Gary Reason's "Hit" ranks up there.

I loved that clip. Still remember that play too. Great hit. Probably a 15 yrd penalty today. lol

Tyree's catch still, is tough to top.
                        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

THIS=!
                          Last edited by tcseacliff; 03-21-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Ingram on third and 8.

Comment

Hynoski's first career TD last year

Comment

Originally posted by amukamerica View Post
                                Ingram on third and 8.
                                It was actually 3rd and 13. He caught it with about 8 yards to go though! All heart. It's a shame he got into trouble after football.

Comment

Working...
                                X