Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think was the greatest Giants play of all time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Bazaar means market, right? Unless there is another meaning for it, then that word does not even make sense to describe that play.
    Bizarre. Lol.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
      Morehead state acts like it being bazaar somehow "downgrades" it .

      Morehead state loves a good debate and thats what these boards are for. As for myself, hey, its no fun being right all the time!
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
        Morehead state loves a good debate and thats what these boards are for. As for myself, hey, its no fun being right all the time!
        And he loves to argue about Eli Manning because he's a Phil Simms fanatic. Or at least that's what I can attribute his resentment.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
          And he loves to argue about Eli Manning because he's a Phil Simms fanatic. Or at least that's what I can attribute his resentment.
          Phil Simms lost his job to Hoss, enough said!
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
            Bazaar means market, right? Unless there is another meaning for it, then that word does not even make sense to describe that play.
            You know I couldn't get my spellcheck to agree with any way i was spelling that word. I now realize its bizarre.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
              Phil Simms lost his job to Hoss, enough said!
              May I remind you that the decision was made by maybe the worst HC in Giants history.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                And he loves to argue about Eli Manning because he's a Phil Simms fanatic. Or at least that's what I can attribute his resentment.
                Who am I resenting in this little scenario of yours. I already said that I put the Eli/Manningham pass ahead of the Tyree play. Because it was a perfectly executed play by both players. The Tyree play had a little "fluke" in it.
                Is it your view that I hate 2007 Eli but love 2011 Eli?

                You folks like to see only what you want to see.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  May I remind you that the decision was made by maybe the worst HC in Giants history.

                  Starting Scott Brunner over Simms was worse.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    Who am I resenting in this little scenario of yours. I already said that I put the Eli/Manningham pass ahead of the Tyree play. Because it was a perfectly executed play by both players. The Tyree play had a little "fluke" in it.
                    Is it your view that I hate 2007 Eli but love 2011 Eli?

                    You folks like to see only what you want to see.
                    Just needling you, man. You have to admit though you love Phil Simms and he is probably your hero, so there is a little envy there which I totally understand. Nothing wrong with it. You can be happy for the Giants, does not mean Eli has to take over your admiration over Phil Simms. That's just my theory. All in light and fun.

                    Comment


                    • I dont look at it like the "greatest single play" because I dont like comparing offensive plays to defensive.

                      I think offensively it is easily the Tyree catch.

                      I think defensively it is a harder call. But I have a few favorites:

                      The Marshal v Montana hit in the 1990 NFC championship game. The hit that ended a dynasty.

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAABWqhNvtg

                      The Reasons hit someone above posted

                      and 1 of my favorite from recent memory, because it was a game saving play in an very important game. A very underrated play in our history:

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUnnW3DkaCk



                      Special teams is the easiest to choose. The Gary Reasons 1990 NFC championship fake punt:

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IthfQ9qFZ_8
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                        Morehead state loves a good debate and thats what these boards are for. As for myself, hey, its no fun being right all the time!
                        It's annoying when someone takes a side in a debate that they don't actually believe. Morehead is Skip Bayless.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                          Just needling you, man. You have to admit though you love Phil Simms and he is probably your hero, so there is a little envy there which I totally understand. Nothing wrong with it. You can be happy for the Giants, does not mean Eli has to take over your admiration over Phil Simms. That's just my theory. All in light and fun.
                          Phil IS my favorite football hero of all time...No doubt.
                          But lets face it, even in his late 50's, you and I both know that Phil could kill Eli in a fight.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                            It's annoying when someone takes a side in a debate that they don't actually believe. Morehead is Skip Bayless.
                            I never say anything I don't mean. But i do like to argue.
                            I tend to go against the grain. I often have a contrarian view. Its who I am. I learned early on when I was in the radio business that the masses are *****.

                            Comparing me to Skip Bayless is a pathetic yet predictable attempt to justify you're naive position.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Phil IS my favorite football hero of all time...No doubt.But lets face it, even in his late 50's, you and I both know that Phil could kill Eli in a fight.
                              The only way Phil would ever beat Eli is if he broadcasted him to death.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I never say anything I don't mean. But i do like to argue. I tend to go against the grain. I often have a contrarian view. Its who I am. I learned early on when I was in the radio business that the masses are *****.Comparing me to Skip Bayless is a pathetic yet predictable attempt to justify you're naive position.
                                Like I said...... Skip Bayless

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X