Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think was the greatest Giants play of all time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think was the greatest Giants play of all time?

http://www.nfl.com/bracketology?modu...content_stream

• Blue_Cusen
    replied
    You know, now that I think about it I have to say the fake punt on the first drive of the second half of Super bowl XXI has to be the best.

What a call on 4th and 1 from your own 46 yard line, down 10-9 in the biggest game.

Jeff ruttledge up the middle for the first! And the Giants go on to take the lead and never looked back.

Leave a comment:

• Drystt
    replied
    When Manning ran down field and threw a block for Bradshaw vs Greenbay hahah

Leave a comment:

• elitocruz
    replied
    TOO MANY TO COUNT. BUT I'LL GO WITH AN UNDERDOG. THE GARY REASONS FAKE PUNT IN SAN FRAN, 1990 NFC TITLE GAME. WE DON'T WIN THAT GAME OR 2ND SUPER BOWL WITHOUT THAT PLAY.

Leave a comment:

• ZEKE80
    replied

Toss up between David Tyree's catch and Mark Ingram's catch for a first down in the SB against the bills

Leave a comment:

• bigjeep
    replied
    I must say again, the "emotions" on this board are HORRIBLE!

Leave a comment:

• bigjeep
    replied
    The first pass ever thrown by a Giants QB, 1925?, still gives me the chills! But I'm also sick today, so that could also be the reason!

Leave a comment:

• NYGabriel
    replied
    "Manning lobs it, Burress alone, Touchdown New York".

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
    Absolutely the best! Even though I have many "favorite" plays... The 4th and 17 to Johnson was the most memorable for me.
    Ha!!!
    I was called an "Eli hater" for suggesting the same play.

Leave a comment:

• bklyn1028
    replied
    Mark Ingram fighting for the 1st down was incredible, and probably was a turning point in the game. Then you have Mark Bavaro dragging what 3 D's with him for extra yards?
    And we have Cruz's bobbled catch against the Seahawks, AND the Giant's last play against the Skins last year with a little over a min left and Eli throws that bomb to Cruz...wow....

HOWEVER the helmet catch has to be the greatest play...and NOT because of how Tyree caught it....no.....How in the world Eli did not get sacked is still a mystery. Tom Selleck narrated "Greatest play of the decade video" for the NFL and called it the "double miracle".

That was an incredible catch by Tyree and maintaining possession when he put it against his helmet, but Eli refusing to go down with 3 patriot hands stretching his jersey is one for the books, and in my opinion will not be repeated.

Leave a comment:

• bearbryant
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    One of mine was Giants v Vikings, 1986 Phil Simms 20 yard pass to Bobby Johnson on 4th and 17 with 1:12 left on the clock. Kept us alive for the game winning field goal.
    Absolutely the best! Even though I have many "favorite" plays... The 4th and 17 to Johnson was the most memorable for me.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Morrison
    replied
    Phil Sims to Odessa turner, playoff, 4th down, breaks numerous tackles and dives for 1st down, Giants go on to win 1st Superbowl.

Leave a comment:

• JB456
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think it was a great play.
    I just think a few others were "greater".

I would say

1. 4th and 17
    2. Eli to Manningham
    3. Mark Ingram
    4. Helmet catch
    5. Eric Howard's forced fumble.

I like the first 3 because they were simply great football plays. I just think there is a little bit of a "fluke" factor in the helmet catch.
    I don't think number 2 gets enough love. That was one of the most perfect throw and catch in a huge situation I have ever seen. Great play that I must of watched 20 times.

Leave a comment:

• BigBlueAllDay
    replied
    Strahan getting his record setting sack on Brett Favre in the cradle position. ok ok... I'd pick Tyree's helmet catch too.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by JB456 View Post
    It seemed very obvious to me that you were joking around with the whole "die hard fan" thing and you are right that this whole thing is subjective.

Now with that being said, it seems that you are getting defensive. You won't change the majority of posters opinions on the subject and like another has said, they Tyree catch is in the running for one of the Greatest NFL plays of all time (not just the Giants). The play has everything, a crazy escape by Manning, a circus catch by Tyree on his helmet, under 4 minutes to go in the superbowl, against a juggernaut New England team that was 17-0, 14 point NY Giants underdog. You've got to admit, that would have been a crazy play if it were in the regular season without all of the added presure.
    I think it was a great play.
    I just think a few others were "greater".

I would say

1. 4th and 17
    2. Eli to Manningham
    3. Mark Ingram
    4. Helmet catch
    5. Eric Howard's forced fumble.

I like the first 3 because they were simply great football plays. I just think there is a little bit of a "fluke" factor in the helmet catch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X