Jerry Reese Attends Alec Ogletree's Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    or if we could trade back and grab him and an additinal 2nd. dude was a consensus top 10 pick before the medical questions...and prob still goes top 10
    I don't think there's any way he goes top 10. There is just too much risk with all his off the field baggage. He has top 10 talent, but way too many off the field issues.

Comment

Rather have Bjoern Werner, saw some unflattering comments from scouts regarding Ogletree.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
        If we are lucky enough to get Ogletree I'll be pretty happy.

Fast, good in pass coverage, solid tacking technique, good off the edge, and loved the stuff at the goal line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZOXZcRZNM
        Weaknesses: Rarely uses hands to fight with blockers despite an aggressive mentality. Overruns a lot of plays between the tackles, struggles to recover. Has a lot of issues dealing with second level blocks from the offensive line, rarely can work over top of them, there winds up walled off. Run and chase player at this point, loses gap integrity with false or wasted steps. Dives or lunges for a lot of tackles rather than running through them and wrapping up. Mentality changes when attacking an offensive lineman compared to a running back.

Comment

Its a pipe dream. Ogeltree is gone by 19.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
            Weaknesses: Rarely uses hands to fight with blockers despite an aggressive mentality. Overruns a lot of plays between the tackles, struggles to recover. Has a lot of issues dealing with second level blocks from the offensive line, rarely can work over top of them, there winds up walled off. Run and chase player at this point, loses gap integrity with false or wasted steps. Dives or lunges for a lot of tackles rather than running through them and wrapping up. Mentality changes when attacking an offensive lineman compared to a running back.
            To be fair, if Lawrence Taylor was coning out in this year's draft, you'd find your share of scouting reports listing all his weaknesses making him sound like a 3rd round pick.

Comment

Maybe they do draft him but they need a DE, DT, Safety, or CB before a LB at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                and a goddamn dui
                Which will help him fall to us in the draft. Diehl got a DUI. I was lucky in college and never got caught. Young people make stupid mistakes.

Comment

Good player but needs to work on his tackling. Some of those hit are a 15 yarder in the NFL. I don't think jr touches him he doesn't seem like a jr type player is undisciplined and more of a freelancer.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                    To be fair, if Lawrence Taylor was coning out in this year's draft, you'd find your share of scouting reports listing all his weaknesses making him sound like a 3rd round pick.
                    No you wouldn't. Everybody new LT was star from the get go.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      Maybe they do draft him but they need a DE, DT, Safety, or CB before a LB at this point.
                      A safety before a LB? You can't be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                        well id typically agree, but the weakness report on ogeltree is actually pretty blatant with his game film. its just he makes a lot of those sick/flashy type plays with enough volume that the other stuff was easily overlooked at the college level...the nfl? not so much. being made useless by an OL simply getting their paws on him is prob the worst trait u could want for a 4-3 MLB...u need a guy who can stack and shed blocks as a prerequisite to be a solid at minimum MLB...Like im not overstating it, watch his game tape for when he gets engaged by OL, its actually kinda pathetic for such a quick, explosive, athletic player to get pwned the way he does...
                        but, to be fair, he is a converted safety so maybe that part of his game just hasnt developed yet...hes erally a WILL/weakside lb tho and we already got one in JWill

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          I think it ultimately comes down to what their plans are the following year. A lot of guys are on one year deals and I don't see them carrying the bigger contracts like Rolle's after this season also. Most rookies don't have a key role going into their first seasons. It's usually the following year when they're asked to step up and play the bigger role.
                          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            No you wouldn't. Everybody new LT was star from the get go.
                            I guess the Saints thankfully didn't get the memo.

Comment

LT 6"3' 237 ran a 4.5 40.. Not sayin he's LT but similar size n speed
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:
                              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                                well id typically agree, but the weakness report on ogeltree is actually pretty blatant with his game film. its just he makes a lot of those sick/flashy type plays with enough volume that the other stuff was easily overlooked at the college level...the nfl? not so much. being made useless by an OL simply getting their paws on him is prob the worst trait u could want for a 4-3 MLB...u need a guy who can stack and shed blocks as a prerequisite to be a solid at minimum MLB...Like im not overstating it, watch his game tape for when he gets engaged by OL, its actually kinda pathetic for such a quick, explosive, athletic player to get pwned the way he does...
                                but, to be fair, he is a converted safety so maybe that part of his game just hasnt developed yet...hes erally a WILL/weakside lb tho and we already got one in JWill
                                I don't actually disagree with you either. I was exaggerating my point. Ogletree's has a lot of physical tools, but he needs work. Combine that with all his off the field issues, I'm not sure he's even worth the 19th pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X