No announcement yet.

Jerry Reese Attends Alec Ogletree's Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO thank you! He's a converted safety who, according to his draft profile, is a "run and chase"player....which may be great in college, but he's not going to chase down NFL RB's and Receivers who will smoke him when they turn on their NFL jets!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 03-23-2013, 06:58 AM.
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Georgia is loaded I wouldnt take anything from any particular player standpoint. Could be looking at Rambo the safety or Cornelius Washington the DE.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Willis was completely out of their reach. And it was Revis the giants attempted to trade up for. But the jets offered more
        Willis would of cost the Giants their 2008 first round pick to move up to get which is very easy to do in retrospect. Should of said Beason wouldnt of had to trade up for

Honestly now im glad we didnt get Revis the guy has been nothing but a headache. Giants wouldnt be paying him 15 million a year

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
          NO thank you! He's a converted safety who, according to his draft profile, is a "run and chase"player....which may be great in college, but he's not going to chase down NFL RB's and Receivers who will smoke him when they turn on their NFL jets!
          He seems to falling in some mock drafts. NFL Radio had him falling into the mid 20's on their draft show yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
            He seems to falling in some mock drafts. NFL Radio had him falling into the mid 20's on their draft show yesterday.
            I'm not surprised.
            It's like drafting Greg Jones all over again...and he'd probably end up being waived like Greg Jones too!
            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

haha. U obviously know nothing about ogletree if ur just reading a draft profile. Why bother commenting?
              2017 Draft Wishlist:
              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

2 bad there are no sinorice moss's in this years draft..(red ink) lmao.. I personally would love Ogletree at 19 but then again I would also like Werner, or any of the top OL prospects...but Ogletree's speed could definitely help against this stupid read option and increase the overall speed of our defense.. I hope we get some solid speedy guys on the defensive side of the ball... Gonna need it with Chocolate Chip Kelly
                NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

Is it football season yet?

Comment

Ulracher was a converted safety.
                  Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I think they could be very interested in Ogletree. The signing of Dan Connor doesn't affect Ogletree because he is going to play OLB. I think The rivers signing won't affect him as well because they would be on opposite sides. Ogletree can fit on the spot of Kiwanuka and let him move back to DE.

I think we might have interest on Bacari Rambo and Cornelius Washington

Comment

• Am I the only one that doesn't want ogletree?

He doesn't display enough instinct imo and while I don't think he will be a bust, I don't see anything special about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                        Am I the only one that doesn't want ogletree?

He doesn't display enough instinct imo and while I don't think he will be a bust, I don't see anything special about him.
                        I am with you for the most part. Ogletree may surprise and go on an have a solid or pro bowl type career. He is a good athlete, no doubt, but he may not be suited to play the mike backer position in a 4-3 D. Other analysts mention that he may be a better Will backer in a 4-3 D, since he is a run and chase type LB, not good at stacking and shedding.

But ultimately its up to Jerry Reese if he is his target at 19.

Comment

• Did someone say Ogletree isn't instinctive? Hes mad instinctive, its one of his traits that i love dearly.. He instincts and athletic ability are my 2fave traits, because those 2things usually add up to bigtime plays...

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            Did someone say Ogletree isn't instinctive? Hes mad instinctive, its one of his traits that i love dearly.. He instincts and athletic ability are my 2fave traits, because those 2things usually add up to bigtime plays...
                            I've seen scouting reports saying he has good instincts, and I've seen reports saying he has bad instincts. I was just reading his scouting report on kffl that stated he lacks instincts and called him a "chase down linebacker".

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                              Did someone say Ogletree isn't instinctive? Hes mad instinctive, its one of his traits that i love dearly.. He instincts and athletic ability are my 2fave traits, because those 2things usually add up to bigtime plays...
                              Amen bro; he's got some dog in him. This team sorely needs that

Comment

• We need s serious injection of young aggressive LB's. The FO needs to make a gamble in order to get a high reward. If we keep passing on talented LB's and filling the position with average FA's this defense will stand no chance. The Redskins are a perfect example of how to exploit this soft defense, we need fast and aggressive LB's and we need them now.

Im 100% on board with our 1st pick being a LB. Especially if its Ogletree

Comment

Working...
                                X