• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why?
    to re-sign Cruz..

Comment

http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/20/...-his-contract/

"Add New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning to the number of people who have absolutely no idea what the future holds for wide receiver Victor Cruz.

While making the media rounds on Wednesday morning, Manning said that Cruz switching to agent Tom Condon, who also represents the Pro Bowl quarterback, will only help the ongoing negotiations. He also said, jokingly, that he text Condon to "make sure" the situation works out.

One interesting point Manning did make was how well Cruz fits into the Giants' offensive system and how he'd be taking a chance to seek a similar fit elsewhere.

"He fits very well into our offense. … You never know, if you go to another offense, maybe it doesn't fit as well," Manning said.

But does Easy-E, who has already begun his 2013 workouts, truly believe Cruz will be back this season and beyond?

"I do. I think that's what I have to and want to believe," Manning said.

Finally, Manning also said he's open to restructuring or re-working his contract if it meant helping the organization, but admits he's not yet been approached to do that."
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        to re-sign Cruz..
        He should take a pay cut to keep Cruz? An actual pay cut?
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I hope the last person they restructure is Eli unless if involves an extension

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
            stopped reading at bleacher report
            LOL I knew someone would rip me for it haha. I hate using them for anything bc of their creditibility is sketcky at best... I like to go on their and get a good laugh sometimes looking at their trademark slideshows haha.
            sigpic
            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
              LOL I knew someone would rip me for it haha. I hate using them for anything bc of their creditibility is sketcky at best... I like to go on their and get a good laugh sometimes looking at their trademark slideshows haha.
              Since they are reporting (quoting) what Eli said, I think we can accept it for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
                why would he need to re-work his contract? Just because other people are doing doesn't necessarily mean it would benefit the Giants in the long run.
                Correct. It doesn't benefit the Giants in the long run. It only benefits them right now.
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

He should take a pay cut to keep Cruz? An actual pay cut?
                  bad idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                    bad idea?
                    It's illogical. I'm not the biggest Eli fan, but he is entitled to every dime included in his contract. Now if you mean he should "restructure", that's a different situation but I'd still be against that unless it involved an extension (like Brady's) so that we get CAP relief now and down the road. Eli's CAP hit every year is now at $20M, we can't take that track again, making it rise even higher.
                    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-20-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Eli has to have thought about what happened to Brady... Brady most likely took that massive paycut specifically to keep Welker, and then Belicheck lowballs him all the way to the Broncos. What would happen if Eli took a paycut to keep Cruz, and then JR uses it to resign John Q. Dip**** the free safety while letting Cruz walk?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        Eli has to have thought about what happened to Brady... Brady most likely took that massive paycut specifically to keep Welker, and then Belicheck lowballs him all the way to the Broncos. What would happen if Eli took a paycut to keep Cruz, and then JR uses it to resign John Q. Dip**** the free safety while letting Cruz walk?
                        Brady did not take a "paycut."

Comment

Brady did not take a "paycut."
                          whether or not he took a paycut from what he was making previously...he took much less than his market value.

Comment

I hope the last person they restructure is Eli unless if involves an extension
                            Agreed. Eating 20 mill cap salary money per year is enough to see it just go up with another restructure.
                            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                              Agreed. Eating 20 mill cap salary money per year is enough to see it just go up with another restructure.
                              exactly. I think we're waiting as long as possible before we extend eli. Learned our lesson the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                                whether or not he took a paycut from what he was making previously...he took much less than his market value.
                                It was ALL guaranteed, not too bad a parting gift from Mr. Kraft

Comment

Working...
                                X