Eli and Cruz!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I hope the last person they restructure is Eli unless if involves an extension
    He was already restructured ... any further would almost have to include an extension (which I'd be fine with).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

It was ALL guaranteed, not too bad a parting gift from Mr. Kraft
      Yea but even if it wasnt..it's hard to believe brady would be cut at any point during his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
        whether or not he took a paycut from what he was making previously...he took much less than his market value.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
          Yea but even if it wasnt..it's hard to believe brady would be cut at any point during his contract.
          Exactly, which is why the extension was very lucrative for Brady and very helpful to the team.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
            why would he need to re-work his contract? Just because other people are doing doesn't necessarily mean it would benefit the Giants in the long run.
            +1. He reworks his contract and the Giants will owe him $50 million for next year. Just leave Eli's contract alone.

Comment

I was wondering if NFL contracts could be guaranteed in full because I never hear of any long term contracts being so. Maybe the Cruz would accept a 6 year contract at $5 million/year, but fully guaranteed. Wouldn't be a big cap hit for a WR of his talent and would guarantee him $30 million which is probably more than most NFL players get guaranteed.

Comment

What else would he say? "No, I'm not going to listen or help the team to figure things out if they come to me." Once you've heard this from him, you know there's a contract dispute and he's ready to move on from New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  He was already restructured ... any further would almost have to include an extension (which I'd be fine with).
                  Jerry, Kruunch say go for it

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                    I was wondering if NFL contracts could be guaranteed in full because I never hear of any long term contracts being so. Maybe the Cruz would accept a 6 year contract at $5 million/year, but fully guaranteed. Wouldn't be a big cap hit for a WR of his talent and would guarantee him $30 million which is probably more than most NFL players get guaranteed.
                    A team who guaranteed a FULL contract would be committing suicide. This is an extension for a player who has been their franchise and they are making sure he leaves with a great parting gift when the time comes.

Comment

Jerry, Kruunch say go for it
                      Yes, I'm officially green-lighting this move.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

There's no reason to touch Eli's contract this year. The Giants aren't gonna go out there and sign anymore FA's. Anyway in the next 2 years we have a lot of money coming off the books. So capwise we should be just fine and hopefully not next year but the year after the cap goes way up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                          Yes, I'm officially green-lighting this move.
                          I'm waiting for Jerry to give you the nod

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            Correct. It doesn't benefit the Giants in the long run. It only benefits them right now.
                            long run = when Eli is past his prime and going down hill. It also means that we're probably not contenders anymore. When that happens, I have no problems being 100 million over the salary cap and going 0-16.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              long run = when Eli is past his prime and going down hill. It also means that we're probably not contenders anymore. When that happens, I have no problems being 100 million over the salary cap and going 0-16.
                              Or next year..
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I think it was admirable to offer...

Comment

Working...
                                X