No announcement yet.

Eli and Cruz!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli should not need to restructure in order to get cruz signed... Cruz IMO is coming off a little ungrateful. You would think that he would be a little more lenient with the NYG since we were the team that brought him in as an UDFA and allowed him to eventually be a star on our team... if it comes to the situation where we lose him I think we will manage. Eli is a special QB, he probably would make a trash can look like a serviceable WR
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

eli has already said he would consider restructuring to help keep cruz

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ew-york-giants

Comment

ungrateful? his first 2 season totals are on par if not better than some current and past greats...jerry rice, calvin johnson, larry fitzgerald to name a few. this is a business not the little rascals. he should get paid, deserves to get paid fairly, and should try to get every dime he can, NFL careers can end in the blink of an eye(see steve smith). so hypothetically when the giants decide to dump him and not honor the rest of his contract when he gets old are you gonna say the giants are now ungrateful and should continue to pay him, even if the salary now outweighs his performance? C'MON MAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
          ungrateful? his first 2 season totals are on par if not better than some current and past greats...jerry rice, calvin johnson, larry fitzgerald to name a few. this is a business not the little rascals. he should get paid, deserves to get paid fairly, and should try to get every dime he can, NFL careers can end in the blink of an eye(see steve smith). so hypothetically when the giants decide to dump him and not honor the rest of his contract when he gets old are you gonna say the giants are now ungrateful and should continue to pay him, even if the salary now outweighs his performance? C'MON MAN!!!
          You are blowing what I said out of proportion. He should be paid well and it isn't happening at the moment, he is young and we were the team who gave him a shot. I am just saying that he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I find it surprising that he is making it this tough to sign him. We don't know the whole story I suppose, maybe his agent is convincing him to wait for the money. I just do not want to see him turn into a Chris Johnson type of deal where he holds out for all of this money and then once he gets it the production is not what they expected when they signed him. I don't think that will happen and I pray it doesn't. Do you at least understand what I am trying to say? Ungrateful was probably a poor word choice...
          sigpic

Comment

Cruz and Eli = a winning duo. Eli knows this. Just maybe Eli has his finger on a stronger pulse from Cruz than others do.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
              I am in class right now so I cannot post the link. (I am on my phone haha) but I saw on twitter about it and there was an article on Bleacher Report that I saw soon after. I am aware that bleacher report is a pretty sketchy place to get reliable info. I believe it was an article on NBC sports where Eli was in an interview and made the following statement. I cannot look too much into it at the moment because I have notes to take. I am sure that you guys can locate the article that I am talking about. You guys are crazy quick to post stuff, I love it!

“I do, I do. I think (that’s) what I have to believe and what I want to believe, just because he’s such an important part of our offense,” Manning said. “I think he wants to be in New York, you know, in his hometown. So I hope it all works out.” that is Eli's quote he had in an interview when asked about Cruz.
              This is not news. There is not credible scenario where Cruz is NOT a Giant next year.
              Its essentially a mathematical impossibility.
              I could never understand the dread that somehow he wasn't going to be.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I'm just not sure why its news that Eli said this.. What else would he say?

Comment

I posted it because Eli is usually a pretty quite guy when it comes to media. Besides the whole elite QB story you don't see him saying all that much to the media. I posted it because I like how he showed that he wants him back and maybe him coming out with this then mayne the FO will make it happen sooner than later
                  sigpic

Comment

I am in class right now so I cannot post the link. (I am on my phone haha) but I saw on twitter about it and there was an article on Bleacher Report that I saw soon after. I am aware that bleacher report is a pretty sketchy place to get reliable info. I believe it was an article on NBC sports where Eli was in an interview and made the following statement. I cannot look too much into it at the moment because I have notes to take. I am sure that you guys can locate the article that I am talking about. You guys are crazy quick to post stuff, I love it!

“I do, I do. I think (that’s) what I have to believe and what I want to believe, just because he’s such an important part of our offense,” Manning said. “I think he wants to be in New York, you know, in his hometown. So I hope it all works out.” that is Eli's quote he had in an interview when asked about Cruz.
                    How does this info substantiate the title of your post?

Comment

Eli should not need to restructure in order to get cruz signed... Cruz IMO is coming off a little ungrateful. You would think that he would be a little more lenient with the NYG since we were the team that brought him in as an UDFA and allowed him to eventually be a star on our team... if it comes to the situation where we lose him I think we will manage. Eli is a special QB, he probably would make a trash can look like a serviceable WR
                      How is Cruz being "ungrateful"? Every player is entitled to negotiate the best contract they can. Some, even many, never get a second chance. The Giants didn't "allow him to eventually be a star." He took advantage of the opportunities he was given with his God given talents. He has played for chump change for his first three years. That's how it goes in the NFL. Now that he has proven he can play with the best of them, he is entitled to a fair payday.
                      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-20-2013, 05:25 PM.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                        Cruz and Eli = a winning duo. Eli knows this. Just maybe Eli has his finger on a stronger pulse from Cruz than others do.
                        NO ONE has a better finger than fans!
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          This is not news. There is not credible scenario where Cruz is NOT a Giant next year.
                          Its essentially a mathematical impossibility.
                          I could never understand the dread that somehow he wasn't going to be.
                          Beyond that it's close to 85% (IMO) that Cruz will sign a long term deal before UFA rears its ugly head.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
                            I think it was admirable to offer...
                            No question to show he's a team player, which has never been in question. But restructuring is not a sacrifice for the player.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              No question to show he's a team player, which has never been in question. But restructuring is not a sacrifice for the player.
                              "I'm willing to take more money up front so the team can defer it more over the life of the contract to help our 2012 cap situation"

That's all that means. Can't blame him of course.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                "I'm willing to take more money up front so the team can defer it more over the life of the contract to help our 2012 cap situation"

That's all that means. Can't blame him of course.
                                And now he needs money for a new layette!

Comment

Working...
                                X