Do we like Bob Papa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we like Bob Papa?

He's the play by play commentator for the giants and he's always on giants vids on the giant site.but I never hear him being mentioned on this boards. What is the general opinion of him? I know people like Carl banks who is the color commentator but I don't anything about papa.
    Last edited by GentleGiant; 03-21-2013, 07:17 PM.

Bob is our guy and has been for many years

Comment

I have no problem with him. Always seems genuine and respectful towards the team, owners and players. He's also well known and respected around the league. Glad he's with the Giants organization.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Dedicated and passionate Giants analyst and commentator. Great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
          He's the play by play commentator for the giants and he's always on giants vids on the giant site.but I never hear him being mentioned on this boards. What is the general opinion of him. I know people like Carl banks who is the color commentator but I don't anything about papa.
          Wait until he screws up
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think he has a good insight and calls the games clear. Reps well on NFL channel as Giant source .

Comment

Papa is the MAN!!

"Way down among Brazilians, coffee beans grow by the billions. So they've got to find those extra cups to fill. They've got an awful lot of coffee in Brazil"
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I'd go out on a limb and say there's no one better that can do the Giants TV segments like Chronicles, Rewind, etc... He's got solid presentation skills too.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                  He's the play by play commentator for the giants and he's always on giants vids on the giant site.but I never hear him being mentioned on this boards. What is the general opinion of him? I know people like Carl banks who is the color commentator but I don't anything about papa.
                  Eh, no opinion really. I like Carl Banks though since he knows football. Btw on the website there's a section called "Eisen's Mailbag" I don't know who he is but his answers to question are useless.

Comment

The voice of the Giants - Bob Popper!

Comment

The reason why you never hear about him is because he does a great job. Why fix what isn't broken? I like how he can stay objective too, compared to a lot of the team color commentators (which are hired by the team, and as such, are generally expected to present a slant in favor of their employer's team.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I like him. He seems unbiased too when he's calling for the other team. Full of energy, he's cool.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Not a HUGE fan of Papa. Jim Gordon was the best!!!!!

Comment

I happen to like Pat Hanlon. He really gets angry when we're sucking it up.

Comment

He is great. Like him a lot on Sirius too.

Comment

Working...
                              X