What's really going on with Diehl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's really going on with Diehl?

I was watching NFL Network and heard Diehl say that is has not been approached about a paycut or restructure.

Curious no?

It's looks like someone hasn't been telling the truth hmmmmm
    Last edited by Cloud57; 03-21-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

..Well that's odd.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Media reports have been known to be wrong
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Maybe DD and/or the FO thinks he may start. That might change after Free agency and the draft are done.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

DD said it on the set of NFL network, wasn't from the media. I saw it on Total Access.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Maybe DD and/or the FO thinks he may start. That might change after Free agency and the draft are done.
              I think Reese is just being careful but I can't imagine they see him as a starter.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think Reese is just being careful but I can't imagine they see him as a starter.
                I hope you're right. I felt the line was on a role in his absence and once he came back the line got worse.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                  DD said it on the set of NFL network, wasn't from the media. I saw it on Total Access.
                  Yes, I was referring to the original media report that he had been asked.

Comment

I still reckon they plan on cutting him. He's the contingency plan if they don't get a guy through the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      I still reckon they plan on cutting him. He's the contingency plan if they don't get a guy through the draft.
                      Or keeping him for versatile depth at a reduced paycheck

Comment

Or keeping him for versatile depth at a reduced paycheck
                        They need to dump salary in order to sign the new guys, and Diehl is basically a flashing neon sign.

That's what I think, anyway.

Comment

They need to dump salary in order to sign the new guys, and Diehl is basically a flashing neon sign.

There will be dead money invlolved, I think, and you are not alone in your thoughts. I'm in the minority

Comment

You're absolutely correct...I really would find it bizarre that the FO found that Diehl doesnt deserve a paycut and therefore wont reduce his salary.

Comment

Regardless of your opinion of Diehl as a player right now, that would be a pretty ****ty thing for the Giants to do to him, especially after the many years he was a valuable true team player for them. And I don't believe that's how the Giants org rolls.

If they were going to cut him, because they needed the money and presumably because they shared your view of his lack of value to the team, they would have done it already. Why would they hang on to him if they truly thought he had no more value to them, even if only as a back up? To wait until after the draft to see if someone else would come along? What a crappy way of looking at the situation. You really think Reese et al are that petty and weasely?

Comment

Working...
                              X