Respect to Diehl: "Diehl Willing to Restructure Contract to Help Sign Cruz"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    I believe it was right here on these boards a few weeks ago where I read he already restructured. This didnt happen?

Edit - I did a quick search, it definitely already happened this offseason. http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=844...-takes-pay-cut
    I think that it was prematurely reported that he had taken a pay cut when he really hadn't. So he won't be taking 2 pay cuts this offseason I don't think.

He may have restructured in prior years, but restructures don't necessarily involve pay cuts . . . ususually they help the player because they pay him some salary up front so that it can be prorated as a bonus for cap purposes.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 03-22-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I used to like Diehl until I heard him in an interview after his dwi about how much he does for charity. I guess he was trying to make himself feel better. Just cut his @$$!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bg79 View Post
        Well the Giants arent going to be able to give him the best deal he can get so if he's going to go down that path it's better to get something for him rather than nothing.
        WHO is going to give him a better long term deal than the Giants? He's a RFA.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I believe it was right here on these boards a few weeks ago where I read he already restructured. This didnt happen?

Edit - I did a quick search, it definitely already happened this offseason. http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=844...-takes-pay-cut
          This was apparently a false report, imagine that?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            Sounds like an ok Diehl to me.
            Good Diehl.
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
              I used to like Diehl until I heard him in an interview after his dwi about how much he does for charity. I guess he was trying to make himself feel better. Just cut his @$$!!!!
              I still can't wrap my head around how someone as upstanding as Diehl could get a DUI of all things... That's what really killed the character of Diehl for me. At least he seems to realize the gravity of the **** up he did...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                I still can't wrap my head around how someone as upstanding as Diehl could get a DUI of all things... That's what really killed the character of Diehl for me. At least he seems to realize the gravity of the **** up he did...
                Do you have any idea how common a DUI is? You could have 2 drinks with dinner and get tagged for DUI, it can happen to ANYONE.

Comment

Do you have any idea how common a DUI is? You could have 2 drinks with dinner and get tagged for DUI, it can happen to ANYONE.
                  I almost got killed by a DUI as a kid. So yeah, I don't really have much love for those that do. Hence my massive Ogletree hate...

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...aigns-for-Cruz

Video interview of DD

Comment

Originally posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
                      How can he restructure when he will be in the final year of his contract?
                      He can't.......he can only take an extension that would relieve some of his cap space.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Helps Diehl too lol. Giants restructure him he gets some extra guaranteed money if they add some years to his deal.

Comment

Just because the Giants can restructure a contract to free up more $ does'nt translate into them willing to overpay Cruz. The Giants seem to have made an offer that they were comfortable with. It was turned done. Whether they have more cap space because of a Diehl restructure seems a moot point. It's not like the Giants brass is gonna think " oh now we have more money so we are now willing to give you more than your worth. Can we pleeeez stop the Cruz threads, they are way past worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                            Just because the Giants can restructure a contract to free up more $ does'nt translate into them willing to overpay Cruz. The Giants seem to have made an offer that they were comfortable with. It was turned done. Whether they have more cap space because of a Diehl restructure seems a moot point. It's not like the Giants brass is gonna think " oh now we have more money so we are now willing to give you more than your worth. Can we pleeeez stop the Cruz threads, they are way past worn out.
                            You realize that you don't HAVE to read them, correct? It's not like you opened this thread and was suprised that it was about Cruz,
                            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterIsComing View Post
                              http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5933

I've been critical of Diehl's play before, but I won't say a word about it again. Diehl is a true giant.

Let's go Giants!
                              he was a true Giant before this. If you couldn't see that then shame on you.....
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                                I almost got killed by a DUI as a kid. So yeah, I don't really have much love for those that do. Hence my massive Ogletree hate...
                                Im sorry to hear that man. I dont blaim you at all for having these type of feelings.

Comment

Working...
                                X