No announcement yet.

Respect to Diehl: "Diehl Willing to Restructure Contract to Help Sign Cruz"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the players would be quiet and let Jerry Reese do his job. These comments dont help the Giants get Cruz signed if anything they are driving the cost up higher.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
      He can't.......he can only take an extension that would relieve some of his cap space.
      Yep I dont think its Cruz he is worried about. I have no problem extending my contract for 3 more years to help the team,LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        I wish the players would be quiet and let Jerry Reese do his job. These comments dont help the Giants get Cruz signed if anything they are driving the cost up higher.
        How is that?
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          and you would tell your boss to give you less money...ya right!!
          That is a reasonable way to look at it. If someone has a gripe, they should take it up with the Giants who have yet to cut him.

What rankles some is the appearance that Diehl trying to frame a cut in salary as being "all about team" when many here don't believe he should be playing next year at just about any price. Just pay what the contract requires, suck it up and move on.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

who am I? .....I am a board member like you are who is free to voice his opinion....just like you.
            Thats my take......."diehl" with it.......
            BTW....doesnt matter what I am ok with. He is on the team, they choose to keep him.....why is that his fault and why disrespect the guy in the process
            calling people ignorant is a tad overboard but anyway dont dance around the question. are you confident with diehl starting this year?
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

The word "respect" is getting thrown around a lot as of late. Ex Snee, Eli, and now Diehl in regards to contract restructures, or as in Diehl's case pay cut. I'll wait to show respect when they show it on the field.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Originally posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
                How can he restructure when he will be in the final year of his contract?
                that will make him the starting RT for another 2 years after this one?

Comment

and you would tell your boss to give you less money...ya right!!
                  yeah none of us would volunteer taking a paycut. But its almost like apples and oranges when comparing the avg joe's salaries to the salaries these athletes in sports make nowadays. Making $40 or 50gs a year is not the same as making 4 to 5 mil a year. If our bosses asked us to go from $40 or 50k a yr to 20 to 25k a yr, that would be a significant hit to our budgets.

But if you ask an athlete to go from 4 or 5 mil a year to 2 to 2.5 mil a yr, it is a cut, yes, but Im sure they wont be hungry or homeless by doing so.

I appreciate what Diehl has done for the organization, he is a class act. And yes his skills have diminished and had a lapse in judgement by drinking and driving. But if the Giants plan on keeping him, he and his agent need to accept that the fact that he should take a paycut, not only to help the team, but because his skills are fading away, and is not a top 15 to 20 player at his position anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
                    yeah none of us would volunteer taking a paycut. But its almost like apples and oranges when comparing the avg joe's salaries to the salaries these athletes in sports make nowadays. Making $40 or 50gs a year is not the same as making 4 to 5 mil a year. If our bosses asked us to go from $40 or 50k a yr to 20 to 25k a yr, that would be a significant hit to our budgets.

But if you ask an athlete to go from 4 or 5 mil a year to 2 to 2.5 mil a yr, it is a cut, yes, but Im sure they wont be hungry or homeless by doing so.

I appreciate what Diehl has done for the organization, he is a class act. And yes his skills have diminished and had a lapse in judgement by drinking and driving. But if the Giants plan on keeping him, he and his agent need to accept that the fact that he should take a paycut, not only to help the team, but because his skills are fading away, and is not a top 15 to 20 player at his position anymore.
                    All of this it true, and you managed to say it without calling Diehl a bum. BRAVO!
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      All of this it true, and you managed to say it without calling Diehl a bum. BRAVO!
                      Ro, all us us have our opinions and get flustered at times with our team/players, when they miss a block, throw a pick, miss a tackle etc. And a lot of us may cus them or call them other unflattering names in the heat of the moment, me included.

But I tip my hat to those players out there--playing football is not a walk in the park. And we have to remember that they are regular people outside of their sport. They put their pants on, 1 leg at a time. They are human, not machines.

Fans can be passionate and just want whats best for their team. So if a player starts showing signs of age and wear and tear, we want a new toy to replace the one that is breaking down and old. But in sports/business, that is easier said than done sometimes.

Comment

Uhm, a 2 million pay cut is a HUGE pay cut, that's 50% pay cut if you are making 4 million. No one would volunteer to take that pay cut unless you are forced to. You may not be homeless now, but you can easily be bankrupt after a few years, which a lot of them do. Most of them are already in that lifestyle, and the salary is not going to be there forever esp that their careers are much shorter than the average worker. Lifestyle and comfort are relative to your salary, a 25% pay cut is a 25% pay cut no matter how you slice and dice it.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                          calling people ignorant is a tad overboard but anyway dont dance around the question. are you confident with diehl starting this year?
                          Dielh's effectiveness on the field has nothing to do with the topic of this post.
                          But if it makes you happy.....I think Diehl, at this stage of his career, is a solid back up and nothing more. As a fan I dont control who the Giants chose to pay or cut. Either way its not Diehl's fualt that his is still active on the Giants roster and with that in mind I wont call him abum or any other word that shows him disrespect.
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I hear what you are saying but its all realitive. Does Diehl live in a 300K house? Does he have a used pickup that has 150K miles on it? You get the gist. Most people live to or beyond their means no matter how much they make.
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                              The word "respect" is getting thrown around a lot as of late. Ex Snee, Eli, and now Diehl in regards to contract restructures, or as in Diehl's case pay cut. I'll wait to show respect when they show it on the field.
                              So Eli ,Snee, and Diehl still have to prove their value to the Giants to you?? Go look at the last 2 SBs....
                              your argument is kind of lame.....

Comment

So Eli ,Snee, and Diehl still have to prove their value to the Giants to you?? Go look at the last 2 SBs....
                                your argument is kind of lame.....
                                Lame is your reading comprehension. I did not ONCE question there value to the team, I'm just not going to give respect to players who are considering restructuring there contracts for the better of the team. Because last time I checked, all the restructuring of contracts got us in this salary cap mess.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Working...
                                X