Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bansaw View Post
    guaranteed money is once they have paid out that money contract is voidable
    An NFL contract is voidable by a team at any time. If there is guaranteed salary that hasn't been paid they still have to pay it.
    The term "guaranteed money" is really a media term. Its not a contractual or legal term. Its just money that a player will, by law, get no matter what.
    It can be in the form of a signing bonus. It can be guaranteed salary. It can be (and is usually) a combination of both.
    Its the number that a player and agent want to know.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Demarcus Ware's deal 10/26/2009: Signed a seven-year, $79 million contract. The deal contains $40 million guaranteed, including a $20 million signing bonus

signing bonus+ year 1 salary =/= guaranteed money lol
      That's not what I'm saying. I was just using the example of the bonus plus one year's guaranteed salary. That is often how deals are structured.
      but in Wes Welker's case, he got a bonus, the first year salary guaranteed, and part of the second year guaranteed.
      So the bonus, plus the first year, plus part of the second year, was his "guaranteed money".
      Last edited by Morehead State; 03-24-2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• they make guaranteed money paid out before the large cap number years at end of contract

so they can walk away from them.

Comment

• I like the sound of this contract. Not knowing the exact details of it, but 7+ a season with a good amount of guaranteed seems logical to sign the contract. Only question now is, does Cruz feel the same way?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post
            I like the sound of this contract. Not knowing the exact details of it, but 7+ a season with a good amount of guaranteed seems logical to sign the contract. Only question now is, does Cruz feel the same way?
            I agree

sounds like a decent deal

Comment

they make guaranteed money paid out before the large cap number years at end of contract

so they can walk away from them.
              Who is they? I'm not understanding your point.

I'm going to try to say this as simply as I can. "Guaranteed money" is simply money that a player will get no matter what. It can be signing bonus only. It can be guaranteed salary only, or it can be (and usually is) a combination of both.

It has nothing to do with what a player gets when he's cut or released. Usually when a player is cut, he's gotten all or most of his guaranteed money already.

Comment

• If true, this will (should) make Cruz a long-term Giant. If true and this doesn't make Cruz a long-term Giant then we can assume Victor has lost his mind and wants a sum of money that just isn't realistic. At least thats my take on it..

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  I agree

sounds like a decent deal
                  As long as the cap hit is favorable to us this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                    I like the sound of this contract. Not knowing the exact details of it, but 7+ a season with a good amount of guaranteed seems logical to sign the contract. Only question now is, does Cruz feel the same way?
                    He changed agents to work with the Giants presumably knowing at that time what this offer was. I see a deal getting done sooner rather than later
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Usually when a player is cut, he's gotten all or most of his guaranteed money already.
                      they is the team...............who else?? ffs

2nd point is what I have said all along lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                        If true, this will (should) make Cruz a long-term Giant. If true and this doesn't make Cruz a long-term Giant then we can assume Victor has lost his mind and wants a sum of money that just isn't realistic. At least thats my take on it..
                        I hate to be a stick in the mud but that is probably true but not definitely true.
                        The Giants should try to structure the deal to escalate the end of the deal so they can release him before the last year and have a big cap savings.
                        So a long term deal that "averages" $7MM may not really pay him that much.

Comment

they is the team...............who else?? ffs

2nd point is what I have said all along lol
                          You were just misunderstanding my point. I'm sure I did a poor job in explaining it.

Comment

• they offer guaranteed money so they can push the big money years to the end and seldom pay them

lol

Comment

• Thats why I cant stand that hobbit Gary Myers. Now the whole league knows how much the Giants offered and can up the ante so they don't match. Cruz also lost leverage.

Comment

they offer guaranteed money so they can push the big money years to the end and seldom pay them

lol
                                Guaranteed money has nothing to do with pushing big money to the end of the contract.
                                I don't really get why you are misrepresenting my point here.
                                And the "lol" is so friggin uncalled for when we are having a respectful conversation. Maybe that's just not possible, even with good posters.

Comment

Working...
                                X