Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is just a mess. Knowing the Giants FO, a decent offer has already been offered to Victor on more than one occasion now. We've done our part. This is all on him now, does he want the money that Mara said "will make him a very wealthy young man" or does he want money that will buy him 2 yachts instead of one? Not to bash on Cruz, just offering up some perspective..

    Comment


    • it has everything to do with pushing big money to the end of the contract.

      if the player wasn't guaranteed x amount they would not structure bulk of money to the end

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post
        Thats why I cant stand that hobbit Gary Myers. Now the whole league knows how much the Giants offered and can up the ante so they don't match. Cruz also lost leverage.
        No one is going to up the ante
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
          This is just a mess. Knowing the Giants FO, a decent offer has already been offered to Victor on more than one occasion now. We've done our part. This is all on him now, does he want the money that Mara said "will make him a very wealthy young man" or does he want money that will buy him 2 yachts instead of one? Not to bash on Cruz, just offering up some perspective..
          What do you mean "on more than one occasion"? This is how negotiations work. It's a back and forth process, nothing unusual here.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • If he doesn't take this I say its time to withdraw all offers. He will not get a better offer in FA next season after seeing what a guy like Welker got this year. Slot receivers just do not get big $$$. He drops WAY too many balls to think he's worth $10 million +.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
              This is just a mess. Knowing the Giants FO, a decent offer has already been offered to Victor on more than one occasion now. We've done our part. This is all on him now, does he want the money that Mara said "will make him a very wealthy young man" or does he want money that will buy him 2 yachts instead of one? Not to bash on Cruz, just offering up some perspective..
              It's not a mess. Victor still has 4 weeks to see if anyone else offers him a better deal. It's his right as a RFA . It's highly unlikely to happen though, and more than likely he'll reach an agreement with the Giants.

              Comment


              • like Joe Flacco's contract
                6yrs 120M 52M guaranteed

                he's due 29M year 4

                so in reality its 3yrs 52M....no chance in hell he sees that 68M in this contract and no chance in hell he would have pushed more than half the contract back without guaranteed money

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bansaw View Post
                  it has everything to do with pushing big money to the end of the contract.

                  if the player wasn't guaranteed x amount they would not structure bulk of money to the end
                  Well OK. but that's a negotiating position more than the structure of the deal. If you are saying that a team would entice a player to take a deal where there was a huge escalated salary, ending in a huge number in the last year, by offering a big up front bonus...I guess that makes sense.
                  But you have to be careful that the bonus isn't so big that you're still paying him too much overall.

                  But the way you put a lot at the end of the deal, is to actually put a lot at the end of the deal. To say that paying a lot up front in bonus is a good way to not have to pay a lot until the end of the deal, makes no sense.

                  I just don't get your point. Mine is simple. I challenge you to look at anything I said and tell me where I'm wrong.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bansaw View Post
                    like Joe Flacco's contract
                    6yrs 120M 52M guaranteed

                    he's due 29M year 4

                    so in reality its 3yrs 52M....no chance in hell he sees that 68M in this contract and no chance in hell he would have pushed more than half the contract back without guaranteed money
                    Well that's fine. You are talking about the enticements to make certain concessions. I'm talking about the actual structure of the deal.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • the player wants as much guaranteed money as possible and the team wants to back load as much base pay as possible...and one does affect the other or seems like it has to to me...so both points being made here have credibility....the cap hit among other things of corse is the teams major concern...is this offer good for all concerned...Idk...We haven't seen the details yet.....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bansaw View Post
                        like Joe Flacco's contract
                        6yrs 120M 52M guaranteed

                        he's due 29M year 4

                        so in reality its 3yrs 52M....no chance in hell he sees that 68M in this contract and no chance in hell he would have pushed more than half the contract back without guaranteed money
                        You are completely wrong with Flacco's deal.

                        You aren't even close.


                        He will probably play out the entirety of his deal barring injury, but he will definitely play out 4 years.
                        He's not "due" $29MM in year 4. His "cap hit" is $29MM in year 4.
                        That includes part of the $29MM signing bonus deferred.
                        He gets $29MM up front plus a $1MM salary this year. His salary goes up each year but there is no huge balloon payment at any point in his deal.
                        If he plays 3 seasons he'll get a bit over $60MM.
                        If he plays 4, he gets a little over $80MM.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Well that's fine. You are talking about the enticements to make certain concessions. I'm talking about the actual structure of the deal.
                          I don't wtf you're saying anymore

                          pretty sure I laid out the structure of contract there

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bansaw View Post
                            I don't wtf you're saying anymore

                            pretty sure I laid out the structure of contract there
                            As I just posted. You aren't even close in your understanding of Flacco's deal.

                            there is no $29MM payment year 4. that's just the year 4 cap hit.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • The agent for Joe Flacco said he "really views" his client's new contract as a three-year pact.
                              Officially, the deal is for six years and $120.6 million. But in 2016, his cap number is $28.55 million, which will force a restructure. Even Flacco's agent expects to renegotiate at that point. "Depending on the salary cap, that's what will determine when we get to the fourth year, what they're going to have to do," said player rep Joe Linta. "We really viewed this as sort of a three-year deal to make sure the first three years Joe was paid accordingly with the top guys in the league."

                              Comment


                              • http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/joe-flacco/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X