7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are completely wrong with Flacco's deal.

You aren't even close.

He will probably play out the entirety of his deal barring injury, but he will definitely play out 4 years.
    He's not "due" $29MM in year 4. His "cap hit" is $29MM in year 4.
    That includes part of the $29MM signing bonus deferred.
    He gets $29MM up front plus a $1MM salary this year. His salary goes up each year but there is no huge balloon payment at any point in his deal.
    If he plays 3 seasons he'll get a bit over $60MM.
    If he plays 4, he gets a little over $80MM.
    rage much?

I trusted nfl.com sorry....4th paragraph http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...52m-guaranteed

Comment

• Originally posted by bansaw View Post
      like Joe Flacco's contract
      6yrs 120M 52M guaranteed

he's due 29M year 4

so in reality its 3yrs 52M....no chance in hell he sees that 68M in this contract and no chance in hell he would have pushed more than half the contract back without guaranteed money
      Of coarse he will see that money. They aren't going to cut their franchise QB, just like Eli is going to see every penny of his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
        Of coarse he will see that money. They aren't going to cut their franchise QB, just like Eli is going to see every penny of his contract.
        he'll restructure

it's why I said "this contract"

Comment

• 2007 Giants on NFLN

Comment

rage much?

I trusted nfl.com sorry....4th paragraph http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...52m-guaranteed
            Nice job of changing your position. You said originally that he was due $29MM in year 4. That is simply not true. That is just his cap hit, which includes part of his deferred bonus..
            The guarantees stop after year 3, since they include the bonus and guaranteed salaries through the third year (which I've explained for 4 pages with you), but his salary in year 4 ins't near that. the potential renegotiation after year 3 would be to defer more of that bonus, or to convert more future salary int bonus, thus enabling them to defer more money vs. the cap.

This may get renegotiated after year 3, but only to the benefit of Flacco. Just as we did with Eli last year. we reduced his salary by converting much of it to bonus, which he got up front.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• As Breer pointed out on Monday's "NFL AM," Flacco's deal in essence is for three years. That's because he's due $29 million in the fourth year, which "will not be workable" unless the salary cap explodes once money from national television contracts kick in

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...52m-guaranteed

Comment

he'll restructure

it's why I said "this contract"
                Restructuring just guarantees the money as signing bonus. He will still get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                  Restructuring just guarantees the money as signing bonus. He will still get it.
                  new contract though

Comment

• Did I accidently sign on to Ravens Message Board? Lots of talk about Joe Flacco in this thread...
                    But back to Victor Cruz, this is the first we have heard numbers in regards to the contract offer. Not all of it has been leaked out, but so far I like what I see.

Comment

As Breer pointed out on Monday's "NFL AM," Flacco's deal in essence is for three years. That's because he's due $29 million in the fourth year, which "will not be workable" unless the salary cap explodes once money from national television contracts kick in

It looks like he's actually due around $18MM in year 4. His cap hit is $29MM. Around $11MM is deferred bonus against the cap in year 4.
                      This particular writer is making the same mistake you are.
                      Same with writers who say that Eli is "due" $20MM this year. They are wrong too. That's just his cap hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime View Post
                        Did I accidently sign on to Ravens Message Board? Lots of talk about Joe Flacco in this thread...
                        But back to Victor Cruz, this is the first we have heard numbers in regards to the contract offer. Not all of it has been leaked out, but so far I like what I see.
                        No...you have run into a USA vs. Canada street fight.
                        I assume you love your country.

Comment

• I'm making same mistake as writer since I used his info

not other way around lol

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime View Post
                            Did I accidently sign on to Ravens Message Board? Lots of talk about Joe Flacco in this thread...
                            And it has to be a small cap hit this season. $7MM in cap space would kill us. We would actually have to get around $12MM under the cap (excluding the Cruz deal) eventually if we had that kind of hit. Since it will take around $5MM to sign out draft picks and undrafted FA's.
                            And thats assuming we do nothing in free agancy to deal with our O line.

Comment

I'm making same mistake as writer since I used his info

not other way around lol
                              That's why I read more than one article about it.

Comment

• its not USA vs. Canada

its me saying they give good guaranteed money to push big money to back end of contract and you saying no

no need getting personal about it

Comment

Working...
                                X