7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's why I read more than one article about it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...52m-guaranteed
    thats same article lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bansaw View Post
      I'm making same mistake as writer since I used his info

not other way around lol
      Look...this argument is silly.

I accept that you have a point regarding using guaranteed money to entice a player to accept an escalated salary structure where the salary is back loaded.
      But you must accept that you have misunderstood what guaranteed money really is and how it works. At least the way you explained it.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by bansaw View Post
        thats same article lol
        Look at the total due in each year. Year 3 its a little over $60M. After year 4 it about $18MM higher.
        the math seems easy.
        If he's due $62MM after 3 years and $80MM after year four. His due amount for year 4 is about $18MM. The rest is defered bonus against the cap which has already been paid.
        $29MM is not the amount due in year 4. its the cap hit. which is clearly stated in the article.

Comment

And it has to be a small cap hit this season. $7MM in cap space would kill us. We would actually have to get around $12MM under the cap (excluding the Cruz deal) eventually if we had that kind of hit. Since it will take around $5MM to sign out draft picks and undrafted FA's.
          And thats assuming we do nothing in free agancy to deal with our O line.
          Untill we see full details on the contract we can only speculate what the cap hit will be for the season. I expect it to be cap friendly for the sheer reason we don't have much cap space. I also don't think we're doing anything till the draft to address the o-line. If Cruz signs the contract that pretty much leaves nothing left to resign Boothe. Unless we pay him in IOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime View Post
            Untill we see full details on the contract we can only speculate what the cap hit will be for the season. I expect it to be cap friendly for the sheer reason we don't have much cap space. I also don't think we're doing anything till the draft to address the o-line. If Cruz signs the contract that pretty much leaves nothing left to resign Boothe. Unless we pay him in IOU.
            I would say that the cap hit has to be $4MM or less this year.
            I'm not sure we're signing Boothe. If he doesn't get another deal soon, maybe. But right now I'd say its DD at LG and Brewer at RT.
            Which to me is unacceptable. But the FO and coaching staff know a hell of a lot more about Brewer than I do.

Comment

I would say that the cap hit has to be $4MM or less this year.
              I'm not sure we're signing Boothe. If he doesn't get another deal soon, maybe. But right now I'd say its DD at LG and Brewer at RT.
              Which to me is unacceptable. But the FO and coaching staff know a hell of a lot more about Brewer than I do.
              I'm thinking they want to get it done around the tender amount..but what do I know

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                I'm thinking they want to get it done around the tender amount..but what do I know
                I don't think you're wrong about that B.

Comment

• Take it Victor!

Comment

• Did he sign yet?? That's the only conversation I intend to have in this thread.

Just let me know WHEN he does.
                    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

• bottom line is the Giants priority is the franchise its self. They really need to get their cap under control....and not just for this season.
                      They have a fine line to walk on between siging Cruz and other needs. IMO....the decision will be based on a purely business aspect.
                      If they can fot Cruz in he will be a Giant. If not.....he will be wearing dif colors this season.
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaggs View Post
                        The other unspoken question, how much does Nicks get when his contract is up?
                        I was thinkin about this.. Cruz will likely get a little less due to him being an inside/slot receiver(but he also stays healthy in comparison 2 nicks)...If they get the same amount just for &*$% and giggles thats 14 mill plus the 20 million 4 eli's cap hit and now u have 34 million alone in qb and 2 wr's thats a lot of money that cant be spent elsewhere... All these restructures 4 Eli are going to hurt us in some way or another down the road
                        NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

Is it football season yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaggs View Post
                          The other unspoken question, how much does Nicks get when his contract is up?

More.

Comment

• thats to much money.. U drafted Randle for a reason, let him and jerrnigan get on the field and turn into what there supposed to.. This has salary cap issues writeen all over it.. Between ELI and Cruz, thats like tons of our doe.. The worst part is, if anything happens to ELI, Cruz is gonna be useless anyways..

Comment

• Cruz needs to seriously consider the offer.....and for 3 years!

and he gets a chance to stay in his hometown with no disruptions! sign it Victor!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                                thats to much money.. U drafted Randle for a reason, let him and jerrnigan get on the field and turn into what there supposed to.. This has salary cap issues writeen all over it.. Between ELI and Cruz, thats like tons of our doe.. The worst part is, if anything happens to ELI, Cruz is gonna be useless anyways..
                                No.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X