7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Can they not wait until his rookie contract is up? Lol damn.
    No. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post
      Definitely not. Thomas and everyone on his team have bad hands (like cruz) they could have made a run but eventually all their drops caught up with them. I would rather have cruz then Thomas.
      DT made some great catches in traffic and was tremendous after the catch. I can't say what his drops were, but he was the real deal last season.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Looking that far ahead is like making a 20-day weather forecast. So many things can happen in between that are not in the Giant's control. Guess whose else is going to be a scheduled FA once Randle's contract is up? Eli Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          A lack of foresight is what gets teams into cap holes in the first place.
          Exactly. You have to look at least 3 years ahead when you're doing contract.

Hell, that nearly how we draft, too. We don't draft for what's a need this year, but what is perceived as a need the following year (sometimes 2).

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
            No. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
            That's..too far ahead.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
              Looking that far ahead is like making a 20-day weather forecast. So many things can happen in between that are not in the Giant's control. Guess whose else is going to be a scheduled FA once Randle's contract is up? Eli Manning.
              Looking that far ahead is only practical. How else can you properly structure contracts if you don't look at what the books are going to look like down the line?

Eli Manning will not be a FA when Randle's contract is up. His current contract may expire at the same time, but do you really think he'll see the end of that contract before getting extended?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                That's..too far ahead.
                No. It really isn't.

Comment

It's not a concern now. It will be a concern if we have both Nicks and Cruz hitting the cap at $8m+.
                  We'll cross that bridge when we get there buddy. Got a Superbowl to win this upcoming season first. It's obvious JR doesn't look that far ahead with so much restructuring, paycut-asking, and player cutting that's happened so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                    Definitely not. Thomas and everyone on his team have bad hands (like cruz) they could have made a run but eventually all their drops caught up with them. I would rather have cruz then Thomas.
                    Wasn't Cruz either first or second in drops with 10?

Comment

I bet you're wrong about that. They have to look ahead and see how these contracts are going to fit together in the future, otherwise you wind up in a completely untenable cap situation.
                      I'm out. This is turning into one of the silliest threads ever. ...People concerned over Reuben Randle's NEXT contract. lol

Comment

No. It really isn't.
                        Yes it is..you know it.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

We'll cross that bridge when we get there buddy. Got a Superbowl to win this upcoming season first. It's obvious JR doesn't look that far ahead with so much restructuring, paycut-asking, and player cutting that's happened so far.
                          Gotta agree with Drez on this one. I'm not saying we will handcuff our decisions by a bunch of "what ifs" down the road. But the FO HAS to consider our teams future dynamics. They always have to be looking ahead.
                          failing to do this would put us in Jerry Jones/ Dan Snyder territory. They are the kings of "do whatever it takes today and we'll worry about tomorrow later."
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You have to make sure the bridge is there before you can cross it.

I am sure JR, or whomever the capologist is, looks that far ahead. That current restructures, etc has nothing to do with whether they forecast or not It's the cap is drastically less than what was anticipated under the old CBA (when those contracts were given out).

Comment

• You need a vague idea of your team's infrastructure for years in advance. If Randle becomes the player we all expect him to be, he's gonna need a new deal, and he might be a more intriguing option than Cruz will in three years.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                                I'm out. This is turning into one of the silliest threads ever. ...People concerned over Reuben Randle's NEXT contract. lol
                                It's not silly. It's a valid concern for the FO.

Comment

Working...
                                X