Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Drez View Post
    No sane poster thinks that Murphy is going to be our #3.
    Check the Murphy thread form a week or so ago. They practically have him going to the Pro Bowl, and the only things holding him back were Carson Palmer and Cam Newton.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Drez View Post
      No. I don't want to be locked into $18m+ in WR contracts when we have Randle's expiring.
      That's assuming Cruz is going to be on a 4 year or more deal and Nicks gets re-signed in 2014 to more than a 2-year deal. You also don't know what the team salary cap number will be for the 2016 season. Oh yea... in addition to Eli..., JPP, David Wilson, the rest of the 2012 draft class and more are scheduled to FAs when Randle's contract expires too. Too many variables.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
        Yeah. 900 yards from your 3rd WR is really setting the bar very low. I forgot. You guys already have Randle penciled in for 1,100 as the #3. lol
        *1,000*-1,100

        We're not including the times where Nicks is hurt and he steps in as the X receiver. Or maybe those times when Cruz gets a nice lick and then disappears for a few weeks.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          From what I've seen from Cruz, I have every reason to believe he's going to continue success.
          Well, what if at 28 or 29, he loses a half step. Is he nearly as dangerous if that happens?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
            That's assuming Cruz is going to be on a 4 year or more deal and Nicks gets re-signed in 2014 to more than a 2-year deal. You also don't know what the team salary cap number will be for the 2016 season. Oh yea... in addition to Eli..., JPP, David Wilson, the rest of the 2012 draft class and more are scheduled to FAs when Randle's contract expires too. Too many variables.
            There's only too many variables because you refuse to quantify and deal with them. If it were up to you, future front office will deal with these problems. If it's up to me, the current front office will deal with, or at least consider, them now to prevent them from becoming problems.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Drez View Post
              Well, what if at 28 or 29, he loses a half step. Is he nearly as dangerous if that happens?
              "So what if *post hypothetical statement here* happens...THEN WHAT?!!?!??!!"

              When the time comes, which is in about a year or two..Randle will be dealt with. Just my opinion.
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                i really think they need to add a franchise mode - 10 years to madden to teach people about managing money and a salary cap. And quite honestly, if we re-sign both Cruz AND Nicks, I'll be pretty pissed. there's a reason why the rest of the NFL doesn't have close to 16-20 million locked up in 2 WRs. Add on Eli's 20 million cap it, and a lot of our cap will be taken up by 3 players.
                Madden is actually pretty horrible for that. I always wish I could look at a spread sheet with my players' salaries on them so I can see what the future impact will be.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  "So what if *post hypothetical statement here* happens...THEN WHAT?!!?!??!!"

                  When the time comes, which is in about a year or two..Randle will be dealt with. Just my opinion.
                  Projecting Cruz' future play is just as spurious as projecting Randle's.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Well, what if at 28 or 29, he loses a half step. Is he nearly as dangerous if that happens?
                    Even if Randle slacks off, does nothing, what's bad in having a reevaluation in three years?

                    Cruz's value might be at it's highest right now, so in three years, maybe you snag him at 4, 5, or 6 million per year. He still might be an effective player, just not 7 mil good.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Even if Randle slacks off, does nothing, what's bad in having a reevaluation in three years?

                      Cruz's value might be at it's highest right now, so in three years, maybe you snag him at 4, 5, or 6 million per year. He still might be an effective player, just not 7 mil good.
                      Exactly. Having Cruz at 3 years allows the FO much more flexibility moving forward.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        "So what if *post hypothetical statement here* happens...THEN WHAT?!!?!??!!"

                        When the time comes, which is in about a year or two..Randle will be dealt with. Just my opinion.
                        That's fine if it's your opinion, just understand the other side of the issue.

                        Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        So you don't want to extend Cruz so you can extend Randle? Lol
                        This post here shows none of that understanding.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          No sane poster thinks that Murphy is going to be our #3.
                          I think Murphy was brought in to compete for the #3 WR spot. Randle hasn't earned it that's for sure. I think the #3 WR spot is the fourth option in our passing game after TE, so why is it so unbelievable that Murphy was brought in to compete for that spot? Don't be surprised if he blows up with a QB that can get him the ball.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                          http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            There's only too many variables because you refuse to quantify and deal with them. If it were up to you, future front office will deal with these problems. If it's up to me, the current front office will deal with, or at least consider, them now to prevent them from becoming problems.
                            Repeat: You don't know what the salary cap number will be in 2016. You won't even know what the problem will look like. lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              Projecting Cruz' future play is just as spurious as projecting Randle's.
                              Difference is, Cruz is a UFA..Randle just finished his 1st year.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                That's fine if it's your opinion, just understand the other side of the issue.

                                This post here shows none of that understanding.
                                Uh, unless I'm wrong (and I might be because I'm still learning about the cap, so forgive me) aren't we debating about not extending Cruz in order to save money and extend Randle?
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X