7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    There is value in looking ahead for every team.
    I agree but depending on what has gone on with the team and the handling of 53 players different scenarios arise.
    The Giants are in a bit of pickle but every successful team has their cap issues every now and then.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

There is value in looking ahead for every team.
      Yup. So you can forecast what the potential FA market will look like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
        Yup. So you can forecast what the potential FA market will look like.
        so you dont think the Giants have done this or run there operation to plan for the future????
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• The thread of misinterpretation!
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            The thread of misinterpretation!
            yep.....agreed....

The Giants will make business decisions based on what they can and cannot do now and for the foreseeable future.....

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              so you dont think the Giants have done this or run there operation to plan for the future????
              No. I do. To be successful you have to.

Comment

And wouldn't it just suck if Randle was playing better and we couldn't keep him because we were handcuffed by other contracts?
                I'm sure it sucked on the exact days that the team weren't able to keep Steve Smith or Manningham, but no one can expect a Victor Cruz or Randle at the bottom of the second round either. But yes, that would suck if Randle turns out to be a star and we weren't able to re-sign him.

Comment

No. I do. To be successful you have to.
                  no doubt......but you cant keep everybody unfortunately......

Comment

no doubt......but you cant keep everybody unfortunately......
                    I just want enough flexibility to keep who the FO would most like to keep without being handcuffed by other contractual obligations.

Comment

I think Cruz sort of threw a spanner in the works. His emergence wouldn't have been anticipated.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                        I'm sure it sucked on the exact days that the team weren't able to keep Steve Smith or Manningham, but no one can expect a Victor Cruz or Randle at the bottom of the second round either. But yes, that would suck if Randle turns out to be a star and we weren't able to re-sign him.
                        Completely different situations.

Plus, the Giants didn't seem to make much of a concerted effort to keep Manningham. His cap hits are modest, under 3 mil per year. If Randle is only garnering that much interest when his contract is up, then he'll probably be let go, too; and if Cruz is expiring that year too, then it's no secret who's coming back...

Cruz. It'd be Cruz that's coming back (just want that to be clear since everything is being misinterpreted lol).
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I just want enough flexibility to keep who the FO would most like to keep without being handcuffed by other contractual obligations.
                          I bet they would too...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                            We didn't make a strong push to keep either Smith or Manningham. So, while it may have sucked, the reason we weren't able to retain their services wasn't because we were locked into 2 high money WR contracts already.

My point was that by signing Cruz to a 3 year deal, it gives us the best chance to re-sign whichever of the two is playing best (saying we let both/either contract expire).

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post

Cruz. It'd be Cruz that's coming back (just want that to be clear since everything is being misinterpreted lol).
                              lmao

Comment

I think Cruz sort of threw a spanner in the works. His emergence wouldn't have been anticipated.
                                thats what I meant about different scenarios occur that may not be able to be accounted for.

Comment

Working...
                                X