7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Like him or not, Cruz has been the most productive receiver over the last two seasons. Reese will determine when the bank is broken.
    I like him plenty, but I simply think theres somewhat of a question mark of what exactly he is. His last 12 games were very "un-victor-cruz-like" compared to hows hes painted by those who adore him.

12 games is not a small sample.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
      I like him plenty, but I simply think theres somewhat of a question mark of what exactly he is. His last 12 games were very "un-victor-cruz-like" compared to hows hes painted by those who adore him.

12 games is not a small sample.
      How did the rest of the offense, to include Eli, do in those games?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

$12M is pipe dream before which is an entire season of football during which any number of things can happen that would negatively affect his ability to see that kind of money (injuries, other players outrperforming him for two).. If that is his goal, then take the three year deal and go after the $12M when he has a five season record to justify that kind of mone

The tender is $3-4M less than the average of the deal he has been offered and none of it is guaranteed. Condon can get the original deal more Cruz friendly through negotiations with Reese. This is Victor's best opportunity right now and I believe he will take it after they get some sweetners added.
        oh i agree dont get me wrong. i was just saying, u said there was no upside to playing under the tender for Cruz. And, imo, thats incorrect bc we saw a guy lke Wallace for example get no activity while a RFA, but whn he became an UFA, cha ching...12 mil per...cruz isnt worth 12 mil imo i agree with most u guys. but its not like its crazy for cruz to think he could get a similarsituation

Comment

How did the rest of the offense, to include Eli, do in those games?

Eli and the offense also did great when Cruz put up his monster 2011 numbers so its kind of Chicken or the egg... Cruz's production was what his production was and you cant unlink them.

I dont hear anyone knocking Cruz's numbers down simply for the reason of "its because Eli and the offense were doing great".

Comment

• It is rather funny how the argument is often "Eli makes his receivers", yet when they suck it's entirely their fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
              It is rather funny how the argument is often "Eli makes his receivers", yet when they suck it's entirely their fault.
              And there you have it
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                It is rather funny how the argument is often "Eli makes his receivers", yet when they suck it's entirely their fault.
                While I've seen that happen, it seems to be completely the opposite for Cruz.

Anytime its brought up that he didnt do well in his recent play its:

1. Expecting him to match his play from 2011 is unrealistic, although his 2011 production is what they are enamored with.
                2. The entire offense wasn't doing well.

ie - his drop in production is entirely NOT his fault.

Comment

And there you have it
                  You are all a bunch of Eli haters.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    oh i agree dont get me wrong. i was just saying, u said there was no upside to playing under the tender for Cruz. And, imo, thats incorrect bc we saw a guy lke Wallace for example get no activity while a RFA, but whn he became an UFA, cha ching...12 mil per...cruz isnt worth 12 mil imo i agree with most u guys. but its not like its crazy for cruz to think he could get a similarsituation
                    It really is crazy for him to think that after two seasons. Even $10M would be foolish. But I am going to guess Condon will disabuse Victor of any of those kinds of thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      You are all a bunch of Eli haters.
                      Says you lol

Comment

Says you lol
                        I am nothing if not ironic.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;722007]I am nothing if not ironic.[/QUOTE}

LAMO You are a trip

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            can't imagine a Giants fan not liking Victor Cruz.
                            VDC, I am surprised that you like him. I thought you wouldn't like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                              While I've seen that happen, it seems to be completely the opposite for Cruz.

Anytime its brought up that he didnt do well in his recent play its:

1. Expecting him to match his play from 2011 is unrealistic, although his 2011 production is what they are enamored with.
                              2. The entire offense wasn't doing well.

ie - his drop in production is entirely NOT his fault.
                              Well, and I'm just going to prove your point here, the entire offense didn't do well. To single out one guy when everyone else seemed to suck as well just seems a tad unfair.

I mean, compared to 2011, Cruz's yardage total dropped by around 500, right? Well, Eli's total dropped by 1000.

Did one guy hurt the other or did they each Plax themselves in the foot?

It's a difficult argument and I'm not sure that there's a correct answer. For every "alligator arms" argument, there's a "mile-high overthrow" rebuttal.

Ultimately, it's always going to boil down to opinion.
                              Last edited by Flip Empty; 03-25-2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaggs View Post
                                http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

If Cruz doesn't take that, time for NYG to walk away.
                                Agreed. We can't lock up every last available $$ in WR's. Still got Nicks and JPP to pay as well. If he doesn't sign the extension now and only signs the 1-year tender, then I'd look to trade him even though we wouldn't get a 1st rounder for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X