Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Soon enough, Eli, JPP, Cruz, and Nicks will be the highest paid players on our team, taking up sizable cap space.


    They're also our best players, so who cares? Someone's gonna get paid that money, theoretically, it should be your best players.
    Agreed.

    Do you know what you get if all the guys on the team are making an average salary? Average players. The way the league is set up, you need to sink a sizable portion of the cap on a handful of players, your core players, and then fill in the gaps with guys on first contracts and average vets. You just have to make sure the guys you're paying are playing to their salaries.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      if we can lock him up for 7 mil a year INCLUDING the guaranteed money, there should be zero issue re-signing nicks and still having a competitive CAP...just as long as Nicks doesnt demand 10 or more mil per...i think its a great idea to offer a 3 yr deal at those parameters because, it gives Cruz a chance to earn an even bigger payday while still IN his prime...most teams dont offer their contracts like that bc we could potentially price Cruz even higher...just sign the dang offer Cruz. If he signs the tender, and chooses that route, he wont be a giant after this year and we wont get compensation aside from a comp pick...
      If they can get them both locked up for 15 they are good

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Zaggs View Post
        Problem isn't so much Nicks and Cruz taking up 15 to 18 million. Its that once Eli is added in its 35 to 38 million in those 3 players. Nicks and Cruz won't even be the 2nd and 3rd highest paid on the team. Heck next year the Giants will have 38.6 million taken up by Eli, Rolle and Snee. Adding in Nicks and Cruz and you'll have at least 53 mil in 5 players. Which is fine, if you don't have major holes anywhere else.
        Rolle can much more easily become a cap casualty next year. However, that's the way it goes for all teams, unless you're lucky enough to get a lot of young guys that are playing extremely well.

        Comment


        • #49
          If Cruz turns it down then the Giants must hope some team offers something bigger then get the pick,don't let him walk for nothing.I myself think it's a fair offer,and I now understand why Mara said what he said about not over paying him being they have other key pieces to pay as well

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            If they can get them both locked up for 15 they are good
            $15m for both Nicks and Cruz would be awesome. Considering teams like the Dolphins are locking up $12m on just one guy, it's like we're getting twice as much bang for the buck.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Drez View Post
              Agreed.

              Do you know what you get if all the guys on the team are making an average salary? Average players. The way the league is set up, you need to sink a sizable portion of the cap on a handful of players, your core players, and then fill in the gaps with guys on first contracts and average vets. You just have to make sure the guys you're paying are playing to their salaries.
              +100

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
                If Cruz turns it down then the Giants must hope some team offers something bigger then get the pick,don't let him walk for nothing.I myself think it's a fair offer,and I now understand why Mara said what he said about not over paying him being they have other key pieces to pay as well
                I can see Cruz waiting to see if he's going to get a significantly better offer from another team first. Of course, we'd all like him to sign right away, but if he can actually get $4m-$5m a year more somewhere else, I can't begrudge him that. It's easy to make decisions with other people's money.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                  Parties close in negotiations normally lead to offers.
                  What? A negotiation involves demands and offers. The fact that an offer has been made does not mean they are close.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Agreed.

                    Do you know what you get if all the guys on the team are making an average salary? Average players. The way the league is set up, you need to sink a sizable portion of the cap on a handful of players, your core players, and then fill in the gaps with guys on first contracts and average vets. You just have to make sure the guys you're paying are playing to their salaries.
                    IDK man, the Vikings don't have major money invested outside of a few guys and they have a "perfect team."

                    LOL, psych!
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Christ, Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline will account for an average of $18 mil over the coming years. That's what a black hole looks like.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        A first round + over 8 mil/yr. I don't believe there is a team that desperate. You think he is worth 24 mil over a first round wide receiver?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          Christ, Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline will account for an average of $18 mil over the coming years. That's what a black hole looks like.
                          meanwhile they lose their star left tackle in jake long, a quality cornerback in sean smith, and a solid starting running back in reggie bush.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            Agreed.

                            Do you know what you get if all the guys on the team are making an average salary? Average players. The way the league is set up, you need to sink a sizable portion of the cap on a handful of players, your core players, and then fill in the gaps with guys on first contracts and average vets. You just have to make sure the guys you're paying are playing to their salaries.
                            Its not concentrating in so few, its how much. 54 million for the top 5 (top 5 against the cap) Giants players this year. Thats alot when you look at other teams. Baltimore for example. They're the champs. This year their top 5 counted 44.4 mil to the cap, but next year it will be 62.5 mil (Way to go Joe). Look whats happening to their team. San Fran's top 5 were 37 mil. Green Bay 40.3 mil. Not average teams, yet less tied up in their top 5. Heck I bet every team in the playoffs this year had less tied up in their top 5. The biggest problem of course is Eli's number of 20 mil. That number has got to come down. He's my favorite Giants QB of all time, but come on, his deal needs reworking. Plus do you really think the linebackers and secondary can get us to the Super Bowl now as is? What about the offensive line? Wouldn't you like to have some money to put towards those positions in the next couple of years?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by L.T.56 View Post
                              meanwhile they lose their star left tackle in jake long, a quality cornerback in sean smith, and a solid starting running back in reggie bush.
                              Not surprisingly, their top 5 against the cap are all on defense. Dustin Keller is their highest against the cap skill player, that's some quality GM work right there (yeah, not really).

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                This is a fair deal for both sides.
                                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X