7+ million offered to Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Which surprises me actually because the Seahawks were willing to trade for Harvin. Its the same thing
    Yeah that's what I thought as well. They could've landed Cruz for only one pick instead of multiple, and they probably could've signed him for quite a bit less than what they're giving Harvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaggs View Post
      The other unspoken question, how much does Nicks get when his contract is up?
      oooo-wee

you went there

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        Soon enough, Eli, JPP, Cruz, and Nicks will be the highest paid players on our team, taking up sizable cap space.

They're also our best players, so who cares? Someone's gonna get paid that money, theoretically, it should be your best players.
        The Giants are serious about being contenders in 2013.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          I think 8 million a year 4-5 year is the magic number to get this done. thats my limit if Im the Giants. They have to try to keep Nicks and Cruz around 15-16 million combined
          I agree on Cruz's numbers. Nicks will be bests erved by putting in a full season of Nicks' like numbers and then they will go after him.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
            A little off topic, but every time I see Bass's numbers I cringe. He may be THE worst FA signing we have ever made. Zero ROI!
            It didn't seem so bad when he was playing against Wilfork in the SB . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
              $15m for both Nicks and Cruz would be awesome. Considering teams like the Dolphins are locking up $12m on just one guy, it's like we're getting twice as much bang for the buck.
              I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Tom Codon's kitchen this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                I think $7 million is right were neither side is wrong. I don't blame Cruz for wanting more based on his production, and I don't blame the FO for not wanting to pay more based on who we have left to sign (Nicks) and what Cruz's value is in our offense.

The tender is the last option. I think he would only sign the tender if he plans on parting ways with NY for sure after next year. Otherwise he's forgoing 4.2 million in salary for next year. I don't think our position will change even if Cruz has a good year next year.
                This is very likely the offer that was on the table when Cruz fired his former agent. Condon will make it better for Cruz and livable for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  Yeah that's what I thought as well. They could've landed Cruz for only one pick instead of multiple, and they probably could've signed him for quite a bit less than what they're giving Harvin.
                  Probably because the Vikings are a basement dweller (Adrian Peterson is their entire offense, really, and given how little QB talent there is this draft, the Vikings are unlikely to land anyone better than Ponder), and the Giants are usually either in the playoffs or one game removed from it (pretty much every season under TC other than 2009 and 2004 were like that). Given the Giants' tendency to hulk out if they make the playoffs, the Seahawks wouldn't want to give away their first rounder to a team that could potentially steamroll them.

Also, if Cruz did get an offer sheet, I could see Reese bluffing by jacking up his own offer, like a poker bet, forcing a team that REALLY wanted him to overpay him... better to agree on an up-front trade if you're an opposing GM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Cruz.....just take the deal and stay. Really is not a hard decision IMO......
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                      If he doesn't want it, then i'll take it.

do you think we'll still sign Nicks in 2014 if he takes it?
                      Yes, assuming he's playing well and injury free.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        Cruz.....just take the deal and stay. Really is not a hard decision IMO......
                        Sure, easy for you billionaires to say

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Sure, easy for you billionaires to say
                          If that was the case I would be an owner of the Giants then you see a great team!!!!!.......
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            Probably because the Vikings are a basement dweller (Adrian Peterson is their entire offense, really, and given how little QB talent there is this draft, the Vikings are unlikely to land anyone better than Ponder), and the Giants are usually either in the playoffs or one game removed from it (pretty much every season under TC other than 2009 and 2004 were like that). Given the Giants' tendency to hulk out if they make the playoffs, the Seahawks wouldn't want to give away their first rounder to a team that could potentially steamroll them.
                            Wouldn't it have been more advantageous to rob the Giants of one of their primary weapons, though? I'm sure he'd be more of a worry than whoever the Giants would be able to select at #25. At least in the short-term.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              If that was the case I would be an owner of the Giants then you see a great team!!!!!.......
                              You left out the part about me being your driver and an integral cog in the wheel

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                You left out the part about me being your driver and an integral cog in the wheel
                                thats a given.....
                                you wouldnt be my driver...you're too old and dont see very well anymore. You can hang in the back of the limo with me while we decide the fate of the team.....

Comment

Working...
                                X