Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7+ million offered to Cruz

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

If Cruz doesn't take that, time for NYG to walk away.

Supposed to say something on NFL Network tonight at 7pm too. If this turns out to be true, yeh I cant see Cruz not taking it.

Comment

Awesome. I hope he takes the money.
      2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
      2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
      3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
      4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
      5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
      6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
      7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

YOU GUYS HAPPY NOW? MY GOODNESS.

Comment

This thread should be interesting

Comment

The other unspoken question, how much does Nicks get when his contract is up?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaggs View Post
              The other unspoken question, how much does Nicks get when his contract is up?
              Depends if he stays healthy and productive.

Comment

He better accept it.

Comment

That's right in line with what he's worth IMO

Comment

I doubt he accepts only 3 years though. 4 Years maybe.

Comment

if we can lock him up for 7 mil a year INCLUDING the guaranteed money, there should be zero issue re-signing nicks and still having a competitive CAP...just as long as Nicks doesnt demand 10 or more mil per...i think its a great idea to offer a 3 yr deal at those parameters because, it gives Cruz a chance to earn an even bigger payday while still IN his prime...most teams dont offer their contracts like that bc we could potentially price Cruz even higher...just sign the dang offer Cruz. If he signs the tender, and chooses that route, he wont be a giant after this year and we wont get compensation aside from a comp pick...

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                        Depends if he stays healthy and productive.
                        Guess I should ask it differently, does Nicks get more or less than Cruz and can the Giants actually afford that.

Comment

lets say its a 3 yr deal at 7 mil per. 21 mil. if they were to guarantee say 14 mil of that 21, how could cruz turn that down? nfl contracts trick fans bc people look at the overall # when its really the guaranteed that the teams are on the hook for, and at 12 mil guaranteed for 3 yrs, in terms of % of overall number guaranteed, he'd actually be up there with the top wr's pay i would assume

Comment

Guess I should ask it differently, does Nicks get more or less than Cruz and can the Giants actually afford that.
                            Big time outside receivers always make more than slot receivers.

Comment

If he stays healthy and is productive, hell probably get more than Cruz, just on positional value, but not a whole lot more.

Comment

Working...
                              X