The defense scares me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
    at least this defense scares someone, I didnt think they had it in them.
    Nicely played TextureDj.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

the demoralizing offense is what worries me

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
        OH NOES!!!111!!! WE DON'T HAVE ALL PROS AT EVERY POSITION!!
        + a lot
        2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
        2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
        3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
        4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
        5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
        6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
        7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by NYG 5 View Post
          the demoralizing offense is what worries me
          please elaborate

Comment

DT has been solidified with Jenkins, we needed a steady replacement for Canty who was great for us when he had his health. These two plus the young guys to back them up, pray Kuhn and Austin are over the injuries and we can catch lightning in a bottle (did we keep the old timer who was solid when he was just a backup?). The DE's should have comeback years. We're real solid there with JPP getting his sophomore jinx behind him and Tuck who will surprise everyone with a nice comeback season and kiwi to be a solid third to give these guys plenty of breathers and will prove to be an impact player. look there's a lot of parity in the league and the division buy we have two recent Super Bowls and really can't complain. Much depends on which teams are lucky enough to keep their key players healthy and which teams younger players become good ones. We have lots of potential stars, excellent coaching with TC's 75 years of experience and success. It should be an exciting season.

Comment

Originally posted by hugehomer View Post
              The Giants dont have a DT that demands double teams and cant be moved easily. It wont be Austin. He cant anchor.
              You know what will fix that? THE LBZ!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
                please elaborate
                3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, turnover, opposing offense gets a lucky deep score, 3 and out, special teams forces a turnover, offense gives up a defensive score, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  Wow.

Double WOW
                  "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I briefly skimmed the thread...
                    I am not a fan of the prevent defense. I don't necessarily believe the only important stat is points allowed. If you're giving up 100-200 yards rushing almost every game, and making every opposing QB look like Joe Montana, your defense is 1. Getting Tired 2. Keeping our offense off the field, making them play hurry up mode late in the game.

Maybe the reason our defense always looked tired/injured last year was because they were on the field for way too long? I have no idea, just a theory. But yeah, if you only give up 14 points, that's great..but judging how our offense struggled last year with scoring in the red zone...that's very scary. You can't always depend on your offense to bail you out, and vice versa.

As of now, I can say it looks scary, but the we aren't done with pay cuts (I think) or the draft. So I'll wait until the 53 man roster.
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Our defense was hurt by the inability of our offense to sustain drives and control the time of possession. That, and their own struggles regardless of what the O was doing lead to an awful year.

I could care less about the offensive stats that might say otherwise, I know what I see.
                      Last edited by CowboysSuck; 03-31-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

The offense got a pass last year because of stats.
                        Last edited by Buddy333; 03-31-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I think JPP will be back to form next year, Kiwi moving back to DE will help, I like Prince and Stevie Brown a lot, and Will hill has potential, biggest issue is our other safety and cb position, and linebacker

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                            Our defense was hurt by the inability of our offense to sustain drives and control the time of possession. That, and their own struggles regardless of what the O was doing lead to an awful year.

I could care less about the offensive stats that might say otherwise, I know what I see.
                            The defense had just as much, if not more trouble with getting off the field as the offense had staying on it. Point in case, in the second Redskins game they allowed the Skins to hold the ball for 10:30 of the 4th quarter.

Save a few games, the offense had more trouble converting drives into TDs rather than FGs, than we did sustaining drives.

Comment

Yeah Washington stayed on the field for over ten minutes, but hat means the Giants offense only stayed in the field for less than five.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                                Yeah Washington stayed on the field for over ten minutes, but hat means the Giants offense only stayed in the field for less than five.
                                Right, because the defense couldn't get off of it. Hard to stay on the field when you only get the ball twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X