• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Webster

Solid as always, he is a great shutdown corner

Re: Corey Webster

you are kidding right ?
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="giants2thebowl"]Solid as always, he is a great shutdown corner[/quote]He is not perfect, but no one is. Well that is unless you are Revis and you get special exclusions, like hitting early, and Defensive PI that are not called.
      Peace,
      DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="giants2thebowl"]Solid as always, he is a great shutdown corner[/quote]He is not perfect, but no one is. Well that is unless you are Revis and you get special exclusions, like hitting early, and Defensive PI that are not called.[/quote]

i have never in my life seen a corner that gets away with more **** then revis..99% percent of replays showing him covering a receiver he is tugging at the jersey..he MUGGED brandon marshall earlier in the season..threw him down and go figure..no flag

Comment

Cweb is a good cornerback. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]Cweb is a good cornerback. Nothing more nothing less.[/quote]

I'd say he's very good and honestly, that's good enough for me.

Comment

[quote user="JacksGiant76"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]Cweb is a good cornerback. Nothing more nothing less.[/quote]

I'd say he's very good and honestly, that's good enough for me.
              [/quote]ditto
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Webster is the best cb the giants have had in the last 10-15 years

Comment

had that last pass he picked been thrown on target he would have been beaten by 10 yards and out of position....he benefitted from the poor pass. most of his good plays were actually lousy passes.

i wonder what his target to passes defensed numbers are and how they compare with other corners in the league.

i'll bet his numbers are not in the top half.
                  my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="stormblue"]had that last pass he picked been thrown on target he would have been beaten by 10 yards and out of position....he benefitted from the poor pass. most of his good plays were actually lousy passes.

i wonder what his target to passes defensed numbers are and how they compare with other corners in the league.

i'll bet his numbers are not in the top half.[/quote]

Why are we picking on Corey Webster?? Even w/o the gimme interception, he was having a pretty good day. I could name at least 3 other players we could really tear apart after today.

Comment

Again big giants fan - but if you cant see that Revis is in a league of his own your just not watching the guy week in and week out - the kid is flat out nasty.

Webster has been our best corner for years - and while he is not a shutdown guy he is very solid and played nicely today - we will need him next week against Dez and Laurent and Miles

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]Again big giants fan - but if you cant see that Revis is in a league of his own your just not watching the guy week in and week out - the kid is flat out nasty.

Webster has been our best corner for years - and while he is not a shutdown guy he is very solid and played nicely today - we will need him next week against Dez and Laurent and Miles
                        [/quote]Revis is just the most incredible corner I have ever seen. Cue the people that want to say he holds, you guys are nuts if you try to diminish this kids dominance in anyway.

Revis is just incredible, how many pass deflections did he have today?
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

the reason revis and all good corners are always
                          getting the calls their way is cuz they usually make contact with the ball.

they are great at reaching in and getting some of the ball.
                          you are allowed to touch them with one hand
                          if you get some ball with the other one.

none of our corners make good plays... they only get lucky when they play against lousy qb's.

you watch next week....romo ain't sanchez

austin and bryant will torch webster as usual.

eli will have to outscore them cuz our secondary won't stop nothin' against a good qb. they never do.

webster may be our best corner......but.that is only because the rest of secondary sucks worse than he does.

Comment

[quote user="smashndash715"]he MUGGED brandon marshall earlier in the season..threw him down and go figure..no flag[/quote]Uh what? If anything that was offensive PI. Marshall gets jammed at the line, Revis is in perfect position in front of him and Marshall tries to bulldoze him, and is falling in the process.

Look at Marshall lower his shoulder right into Revis' chest.

Comment

[quote user="stormblue"]the reason revis and all good corners
                              getting the calls their way is cuz they usually make contact with the ball.[/quote]This.

Comment

Working...
                              X