Passing game out of sync - 2 straight weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing game out of sync - 2 straight weeks

This is the second straight week with the entire passing game out of whack. Too many incompletions, dropped passes, miscommunication. We need this fixed. Luckily we had big plays this week that made up for it, but Eli needs to get the boys back on track.

Re: Passing game out of sync - 2 straight weeks

Eli has been off the last 2 weeks, plus the WR have develop stone hands...

Comment

[quote user="barran21"]Eli has been off the last 2 weeks, plus the WR have develop stone hands...
      [/quote]

As much as I hate to go there, I wonder how much of that has to do with the fact that Eli doesn't play well in cold weather.

I feel like our passing game has struggled more in home games late in the season (i.e. when it's colder).

Comment

I think he misses Ballard more than we think. Even though he doesn't get a ton of catches, he's still a nice target to have. I'm hoping Manningham will be back this week since I don't think the combination of Barden and Beckum / Pascoe scares anyone.

Comment

[quote user="Tenspro2002"][quote user="barran21"]Eli has been off the last 2 weeks, plus the WR have develop stone hands...
          [/quote]

As much as I hate to go there, I wonder how much of that has to do with the fact that Eli doesn't play well in cold weather.

I feel like our passing game has struggled more in home games late in the season (i.e. when it's colder).[/quote]

That doesn't hold much water; It honestly hasn't been THAT cold, like, at all

I'm less worried about Eli and more worried about all of Nicks recent drops

Comment

Jets secondary played good today. Got to give credit where it is due.

Comment

NO Ballard
              No Manningham
              Dropped Balls
              Tough D!!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]NO Ballard No Manningham Dropped Balls Tough D!!!!!![/quote]

Yeh, along w/ poor communication many times throughout the game.

Comment

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]NO Ballard No Manningham Dropped Balls Tough D!!!!!![/quote]

Comment

Comment

[quote user="bearbryant"]

[/quote]

The passing game has kept us in games all season. If we're gonna go anywhere the Defense has to play lightsout and the ground game has to be smashmouth.

Comment

[quote user="DandyDon"]Jets secondary played good today. Got to give credit where it is due.[/quote]They got there hands on a ton of passes.Revis had 5 PD's by himself.I saw a couple of balls that were perfect that Jet corners just got there hands on

Comment

Mario was dearly missed and Ballard's presence down the middle sure made it more difficult. Still I have faith the O is finding their balance at the right time and this is what it could make it work, dangerous Off. If the running game starts showing consistency.
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

This is nothing new in NYC.

Passing late in the year in this stadium(well old Giants stadium) and in this climate, has been historically difficult. Its the 1 reason we have always had to be a strong run team to win late in the year.
                            sigpic

Comment

A little short passing game early would help a ton. Still scratching my head over why this hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X