No announcement yet.

Giants' FA Domenik Hixon Will Meet With Oakland Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be the worst career decision he could possibly make. Oakland is the career wrecker of football. My favorite Oakland thing is when everyone in the league thought Niambi O, (however you spell that) , was the greatest corner in football so the Eagles snatched him up for their dream team. Then we realized that he only looked so good because the rest of the team was horrible, and nobody had to throw in his direction. The rest of the field was wide open all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
      That would be the worst career decision he could possibly make. Oakland is the career wrecker of football. My favorite Oakland thing is when everyone in the league thought Niambi O, (however you spell that) , was the greatest corner in football so the Eagles snatched him up for their dream team. Then we realized that he only looked so good because the rest of the team was horrible, and nobody had to throw in his direction. The rest of the field was wide open all the time.
      No one threw to Nnamdi's side because he always shut down his receiver. Your logic implies that in Philly, he was the weak link, so he was getting all the targets. Theoretically, this could make sense, if you think DRC is a shut down corner.

The biggest reason for the failed Nnamdi experiment is because Castillo wanted to play him like Charles Woodson at first, but Nnamdi had nowhere near Woodson's level of versatility.

Year two, there was much less of that, but the zone scheme implemented by the Castillo/Bowles duo was a terrible fit for Nnamdi.

I'm not even gonna include the holes in your argument with how you start off saying that Oakland is a "career wrecker," and then follow that premise up with how it worked wonders for Asomugha's career.

Nnamdi was/is one of the best press-man corners of this generation.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Like Hixon he is a great team player and has battled back from injury. He would be wise to stay with the Gmen if he can and not go to the Raiders.
        But if he does go the Giants wont really miss his production. It will be filled by another WR......
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I really like DH and will miss him.
          I hate the idea that he has to finish his career with the Raiders.
          They pay top dollar but that's where the benefits end.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Might as well give them Hixon from what we stole from them in TE and WR

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD21 View Post
              Might as well give them Hixon from what we stole from them in TE and WR
              Hixon isn't ours to give
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I don't think there will be any drop off on offense without Hixon here, but he is a nice player who would be great for depth and even ST's.

Comment

Too bad he has to try and keep those knees healthy on that field in Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    I hope he does return, his versatility will be missed if not.
                    you loved him
                    it's like breaking up

I feel same for my man Tynes

Comment

Domenick Hixo gave his all for this team. He is a true NY Giant and I will miss him.

Comment

Browns showing mild interest in him. Still remember when he lit them up in the '08 preseason.

Comment

If Hixon leaves that erases another remaining Giant from the last 2 SB teams. Blackburn, Bradshaw, Osi, Tynes and Hixon.... leaves them with only Eli, Snee, Diehl, Tuck, CWeb, Kiwi and DeOssie.

Unless I'm forgetting someone....
                          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            If Hixon leaves that erases another remaining Giant from the last 2 SB teams. Blackburn, Bradshaw, Osi, Tynes and Hixon.... leaves them with only Eli, Snee, Diehl, Tuck, CWeb, Kiwi and DeOssie.

Unless I'm forgetting someone....
                            Well that tends to happen to successful teams over the span of 6 years lol

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              Well that tends to happen to successful teams over the span of 6 years lol
                              I do realize this.... It's amazing how fast it dramatically changes for one year to the next though.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                                I do realize this.... It's amazing how fast it dramatically changes for one year to the next though.
                                Wait until next year, when possibly four more are deducted.

Comment

Working...
                                X