No announcement yet.

So much for Bradshaw coming back, Steelers are probably going to sign him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free agent Ahmad Bradshaw will visit the Steelers again "in a few weeks" after he left without a contract Thursday. From Rotoworld

The Steelers clearly saw something they didn't like in Bradshaw's physical. They'll review his progress in a few weeks. Bradshaw could still end up as the replacement for Rashard Mendenhall, but it's going to take some time. The fact that Bradshaw wasn't healthy enough to sign Thursday means he might hold off on making any more visits for the foreseeable future. Bradshaw had his fifth career foot surgery in late January. It's not surprising his market is slow.

Comment

A friend of mine who is a Steeler's fan said Bradshaw didn't pass the physical. Looking for confirmation.

EDIT: Confirmed, Bradshaw will not get a deal with Pittsburgh at this time.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw
      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-29-2013, 07:25 PM.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        A friend of mine who is a Steeler's fan said Bradshaw didn't pass the physical. Looking for confirmation.
        Can we have a link for that please? lol Just busting chops, it's Friday.

LOL http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
          Can we have a link for that please? lol Just busting chops, it's Friday
          LOL http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I knew you were good but not THAT good.

Comment

I knew you were good but not THAT good.
              I will have to give my friend two thumbs up, he was dead on.

Comment

I will have to give my friend two thumbs up, he was dead on.
                Is your friend's last name Rooney?

Comment

Is your friend's last name Rooney?
                  I hate to name drop

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                    Bradshaw was never coming back.
                    If the Steelers sign him for something like $1 million, I'm going to be pissed that the Giants didn't bring him back for the same amount. Even with busted feet, AB produces.

Comment

Lets be real , Bradshaw is REAL banged up,,whether or not he gets picked up is on his health, but if i may speak for everyone is that we are going to be proud of what he does in the NFL as a post Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                        If the Steelers sign him for something like $1 million, I'm going to be pissed that the Giants didn't bring him back for the same amount. Even with busted feet, AB produces.
                        Here's the problem. His feet are a train wreck and he's still walking around in a boot. We have two running backs who have gotten enough snaps to suggest Bradshaw would be the # 3, at best. How do you invest in what is clearly a gamble, from a physical perspective.

Comment

Here's the problem. His feet are a train wreck and he's still walking around in a boot. We have two running backs who have gotten enough snaps to suggest Bradshaw would be the # 3, at best. How do you invest in what is clearly a gamble, from a physical perspective.
                          I agree. While Brown does have his injury issues...Scott is still waiting in the wings and Torain is hanging around too plus there is this guy named Wilson on the team. I think Bradshaw's best days are behind him and any perspective teams are going to utilize him in a specific role. He is not a 25 carry back with those feet and it would be hard to justify investing large sums of money in someone that will most likely be out during the season as history has shown.

I know the argument will be...but if his best days are behind him why did he still break 1000 yards? Because he got much of those yards in 3 just over 100 yard spurts and one 200 yard spurt. The rest of the games were anywhere from 16 yards to 78. Very sporadic.
                          Last edited by Rat_bastich; 03-30-2013, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                            I agree. While Brown does have his injury issues...Scott is still waiting in the wings and Torain is hanging around too plus there is this guy named Wilson on the team. I think Bradshaw's best days are behind him and any perspective teams are going to utilize him in a specific role. He is not a 25 carry back with those feet and it would be hard to justify investing large sums of money in someone that will most likely be out during the season as history has shown.
                            None of the guys we have has Bradshaw's heart, but none of them have his feet either. I hope he thinks about retiring while he can still walk.

Comment

None of the guys we have has Bradshaw's heart, but none of them have his feet either. I hope he thinks about retiring while he can still walk.
                              Yep, heart can only make up for ability so much. But when your feet look like ham sandwiches it's time to lay it down. Also, has to be a bit disheartening not to pass a physical, though not unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                                Yep, heart can only make up for ability so much. But when your feet look like ham sandwiches it's time to lay it down. Also, has to be a bit disheartening not to pass a physical, though not unexpected.
                                The Steelers didn't close the door yet, so maybe he will pass the next physical.

Comment

Working...
                                X