Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
    Right, we'd be upgrading our LG, but Boothe would likely be an upgrade from Diehl at RT (my thought being, Boothe can play LT, so I assume he can play at RT). So, we'd upgrade our second best lineman, and also our worst. Depending on what Warmack plays at, that could put us up in the 5-6 range.
    Boothe hasn't ever played LT, and I'm willing to say that Diehl is a better RT than Boothe.

In fact, I'll cry if I ever see Boothe play RT again!
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Boothe hasn't ever played LT, and I'm willing to say that Diehl is a better RT than Boothe.

In fact, I'll cry if I ever see Boothe play RT again!
      I thought Boothe played some LT at some point in '11. In that case, my bad.

Comment

I thought Boothe played some LT at some point in '11. In that case, my bad.
        No, but he did play a little bit of center. He struggles snapping unless Eli's in the gun, otherwise he's not too bad.

Boothe came in for RT in 2008 against the Cowboys, and was absolutely lit up. Ware/Ellis had a field day, and I don't think he's ever played tackle since.

Comment

No, but he did play a little bit of center. He struggles snapping unless Eli's in the gun, otherwise he's not too bad.

Boothe came in for RT in 2008 against the Cowboys, and was absolutely lit up. Ware/Ellis had a field day, and I don't think he's ever played tackle since.
          2008 was a long time ago, though. However, my assumption above was based on thinking he had played LT for a game or two in 2011. Maybe I was confusing him with Andrews.

Comment

2008 was a long time ago, though. However, my assumption above was based on thinking he had played LT for a game or two in 2011. Maybe I was confusing him with Andrews.
            It's a shame Andrews had the back issues. If he were healthy, we would have a top OL right now with him and Beatty as our bookend Tackles.

Boothe is just too slow for tackle. I'm with you on hoping that Brewer can come in and be the guy.

Comment

I don't care if we have a stud OL, I just want an average to good OL.
              Come the freak on.

Comment

• im starting to lean towards drafting a defensive player rd 1 and barrett jones rd 2 or rd 3. ultimately. id be ECSTATIC if we could get warmack/cooper rd 1 and rd 3 barrett jones. Beatty should have most of his career ahead of him with Warmack/Cooper and Barrett Jones (who has played every OL position but prob is best interior at the next level)...its not gonna be a 1 yr fix, but say we could sign Andre Smith or Eric Winston, and add those 2 quality G's, we could find ways to get an excellent OL out there.

Beatty Warmack Baas Snee Smith(Winston) IS BEAST...and we'd have Barrett Jones as utility until hes needed to be a starter. Boothe is only costing us like 500,000 to the cap. its not like hes penciled in as a starter no matter what...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                  Come the freak on.
                  What's so wrong with what I said?

Comment

It's a shame Andrews had the back issues. If he were healthy, we would have a top OL right now with him and Beatty as our bookend Tackles.

Boothe is just too slow for tackle. I'm with you on hoping that Brewer can come in and be the guy.
                    Andrews was a mensch.

Comment

Andrews was a mensch.
                      I think we might both be thinking of Shawn, and not Stacey, Andrews.

Comment

He hasn't played very well at all and already had a very high cap number. This restructure, by creating more dead money, just makes it all the harder to move on from him if his poor play continues.
                        Baas "poor" play has been vastly overstated. Go back and watch our last SB victory and see how he played against Wilfork. He can be a good center in this league.

Comment

I don't care if we have a stud OL, I just want an average to good OL.
                          If we had a great O line, we would be a great team, given the rest of the talent we have.
                          My pick would be Fluker in round one. Put him at RT and that would definitely solidify the O line.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Our Offensive line is so bad even when Locklear played average it improved out pass protection immensely.

Comment

• Our o line is above average. They're just old. They were 10x worse during the super bowl run than they were this year. Our running game was fine this year, especially when Wilson was in.

Comment

I think we might both be thinking of Shawn, and not Stacey, Andrews.
                                I don't think Stacey ever played for us, outside of Tight End in jumbo packages. Andrews played LT for us in 2010; he was effective, but his back issues flared up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X