Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    If we had a great O line, we would be a great team, given the rest of the talent we have.
    My pick would be Fluker in round one. Put him at RT and that would definitely solidify the O line.
    Id be more than ok with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      Baas "poor" play has been vastly overstated. Go back and watch our last SB victory and see how he played against Wilfork. He can be a good center in this league.
      One good game doesn't mean he's been a good player overall. I may be wrong on this, but I believe Baas gave up the most pressures on the line last year. Baas has not played well. I don't care if he played well in a handful of games, it still doesn't mean that his overall play has been good.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
        Our o line is above average. They're just old. They were 10x worse during the super bowl run than they were this year. Our running game was fine this year, especially when Wilson was in.
        Our OL is not above average.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drez;727150]Our OL is not above average.[/QUOTE

Its not below average either.

Comment

• [QUOTE=StrahanSoup92;727177]
            Originally posted by Drez View Post
            Our OL is not above average.[/QUOTE

Its not below average either.
            But, it is.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drez;727180]
              Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
              But, it is.
              I'd say its about average.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;727186]
                I'd say its about average.
                It is definitely below average. Right now we only have 2 players on the OL that are average or above, Beatty and Boothe. Snee, I think if he can stay healthy will be average or slightly above.

But, based on the last two years of evidence the conclusion is that this is a below average OL.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drez;727207]
                  Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  It is definitely below average. Right now we only have 2 players on the OL that are average or above, Beatty and Boothe. Snee, I think if he can stay healthy will be average or slightly above.

But, based on the last two years of evidence the conclusion is that this is a below average OL.
                  No I disagree. they aren't as bad as you think. There aren't a lot of outstanding O lines out there.
                  Look at GB. Rodgers got killed all year. And don't even mention Chicago.
                  I think we tend to compare ourselves to other good teams. So in that context you are probably right. But league-wide, I think we are no worse than average.

Comment

• I'd say the OL is above average in regards to run blocking (Bradshaw killed some potential runs with his impatience) and they are below average in terms of pass blocking. They didn't allow a lot of sacks but there was still a considerable amount of pressure in Eli's face.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                      I'd say the OL is above average in regards to run blocking (Bradshaw killed some potential runs with his impatience) and they are below average in terms of pass blocking. They didn't allow a lot of sacks but there was still a considerable amount of pressure in Eli's face.
                      I'd almost say the other way around. Beatty did a nice job last year.
                      But its a small point. The real point here is that our O line isn't that bad. But they do need to get better for us to be the team we can be.

Comment

• At the most, they are average.

I think that is fair.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;727213]
                          No I disagree. they aren't as bad as you think. There aren't a lot of outstanding O lines out there.
                          Look at GB. Rodgers got killed all year. And don't even mention Chicago.
                          I think we tend to compare ourselves to other good teams. So in that context you are probably right. But league-wide, I think we are no worse than average.
                          No, league wide we still have a below average OL. Granted, Rodgers' OL was pretty horrendous last year, but part of the reason he gets killed so much more than Eli is that he tries to extend plays (seeing as he has the athletic ability to do so), instead of getting rid of the ball more quickly (such as Eli does, which inflates our OL's performance viz sack numbers).

Our line is exactly as bad as I think. As discussed with gmen8020 earlier, on a scale of 1-10, I have the line rated at a 4.2 (saying that Diehl starts at RT, and with Snee getting a 4 rating based on his last two seasons of play). That is below average. Our run blocking improved this year some, but our pass protection was still very poor. Eli may have only been the 14th most pressured QB, but that doesn't necessarily tell you how many times a lineman got beat and the pressure was cleaned up by an additional blocker before it could be counted as a pressure.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drez;727228]
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            No, league wide we still have a below average OL. Granted, Rodgers' OL was pretty horrendous last year, but part of the reason he gets killed so much more than Eli is that he tries to extend plays (seeing as he has the athletic ability to do so), instead of getting rid of the ball more quickly (such as Eli does, which inflates our OL's performance viz sack numbers).

Our line is exactly as bad as I think. As discussed with gmen8020 earlier, on a scale of 1-10, I have the line rated at a 4.2 (saying that Diehl starts at RT, and with Snee getting a 4 rating based on his last two seasons of play). That is below average. Our run blocking improved this year some, but our pass protection was still very poor. Eli may have only been the 14th most pressured QB, but that doesn't necessarily tell you how many times a lineman got beat and the pressure was cleaned up by an additional blocker before it could be counted as a pressure.
                            I would say there is a 30% chance that DD is our starting RT. (barring injury) Still think we are drafting Fluker.
                            Just don't see us demanding that huge pay cut for DD if they see him as a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              At the most, they are average.

I think that is fair.
                              They were a little hot/cold for my tastes across the season but I think that might be because Beatty didn't originally start and when Locklear went down, there was noticeable difference from the pass protection Diehl provided.

I would say there is a 30% chance that DD is our starting RT. (barring injury) Still think we are drafting Fluker.
                              Just don't see us demanding that huge pay cut for DD if they see him as a starter.
                              I have to ask MS: If JR passed on Glenn (another big OL prospect who offers more mobility and versatility than Fluker) for Wilson at 32, why would he take Fluker at 19? That value just doesn't add up to me personally.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;727230]

Or we think Brewer is the answer, and he's a complete question mark. The signing of Boothe to a 1 year deal and Snee's 2014 year being voidable makes me think that if we draft OL in the 1st, we're going interior OL, not RT.

Comment

Working...
                                X