Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    They were a little hot/cold for my tastes across the season but I think that might be because Beatty didn't originally start and when Locklear went down, there was noticeable difference from the pass protection Diehl provided.

I have to ask MS: If JR passed on Glenn (another big OL prospect who offers more mobility and versatility than Fluker) for Wilson at 32, why would he take Fluker at 19? That value just doesn't add up to me personally.
    Because we don't just draft BPA. We cross BPA with team need (usually the following year's need) and positional value.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drez;727238]
      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Or we think Brewer is the answer, and he's a complete question mark. The signing of Boothe to a 1 year deal and Snee's 2014 year being voidable makes me think that if we draft OL in the 1st, we're going interior OL, not RT.
      Another possibility. Either way, can't see cutting DD's deal so much if they see him as the starting anything.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

They were a little hot/cold for my tastes across the season but I think that might be because Beatty didn't originally start and when Locklear went down, there was noticeable difference from the pass protection Diehl provided.

I have to ask MS: If JR passed on Glenn (another big OL prospect who offers more mobility and versatility than Fluker) for Wilson at 32, why would he take Fluker at 19? That value just doesn't add up to me personally.
        Because they went for need. (IMO) We had a broken down Bradshaw and not much else going into the draft last season.

And this year RT seems to be a glaring need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
          Because we don't just draft BPA. We cross BPA with team need (usually the following year's need) and positional value.
          That's a massive need reach though if we were to take Fluker at 19th overall. You're not getting as good of a guy in the mid 1st when you let a superior prospect pass last year into the early 2nd. That's not good drafting imo.

Comment

That's a massive need reach though if we were to take Fluker at 19th overall. You're not getting as good of a guy in the mid 1st when you let a superior prospect pass last year into the early 2nd. That's not good drafting imo.
            You have a right to your opinion but I'm sure many teams have a 1st round grade on Fluker. Doesn't make them right but you and I both know he ain't making it to the second round.

Comment

You can't judge this year's draft by last's. Last year Reese obviously saw the need to upgrade our RB position more than he saw the need to upgrade OL (much of the running game's lack of success had to do with Bradshaw himself), so he identified the best available prospect to fill that need (obviously Trent was off the table).

If this year he sees OL as being a priority, then he'll draft accordingly.

But, there is no point is saying that just because we passed on this guy last year who was a better prospect that means it'll be a reach to get this other guy at this spot this year. It isn't the most productive way to look at things. If that were the case, then almost every draft pick would be a reach and a waste.
              Last edited by Drez; 04-02-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X