Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One last Osi thread.....Giants related. Osi and Reese make nice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
    Who's Osi?
    You know, the guy that helped this team win 2 superbowls..

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
      You know, the guy that helped this team win 2 superbowls..
      jeepy was making a joke.
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by FBomb View Post
        I never said he "loafed". I always had a problem with his public whining about a contract that made him the highest paid player at his position (at the time) of which he WILLINGLY signed. I never had a problem with the PLAYER...just the whining. But there is STILL no proof that Reese promised him anything. This is simply the word of a player who publicly bad mouthed the franchise because he had no leverage to force them to pay him more.
        The whining doesn't bother me. His injuries bothered me more...that and his run defense, or lack there of. Giants make money hand over fist on these players, and while they are well compensated, believe me, the team is ALWAYS the ultimate winner in terms of revenue earned. To the players I say get as much as you can get because any major sports franchise in a metro area like NYC is raking in cash disproportionate to any effort or skill ownership uses in daily operations.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

        http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by FBomb View Post
          jeepy was making a joke.
          Osi was a really good player though, sacks are one thing but strip sacks are better. I mean it a turnover most of the time because the o-line is headed in the other direction. Sometimes its a turnover + a td or a lot of yards. He is right its a passing league so you want a guy who is a good pass rusher, he cant do it himself, with canty, tuck, our no-name linebackers he is not the all around player jpp is but if you use him right he is deadly.
          Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
            The whining doesn't bother me. His injuries bothered me more...that and his run defense, or lack there of. Giants make money hand over fist on these players, and while they are well compensated, believe me, the team is ALWAYS the ultimate winner in terms of revenue earned. To the players I say get as much as you can get because any major sports franchise in a metro area like NYC is raking in cash disproportionate to any effort or skill ownership uses in daily operations.
            Osi was a pass rush specialist....nothing more. And I appreciated him for that because he was great at it. Public whining over how many millions you think you deserve because you willingly signed a front loaded contract gets on my nerves.
            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by appodictic View Post
              Osi was a really good player though, sacks are one thing but strip sacks are better. I mean it a turnover most of the time because the o-line is headed in the other direction. Sometimes its a turnover + a td or a lot of yards. He is right its a passing league so you want a guy who is a good pass rusher, he cant do it himself, with canty, tuck, our no-name linebackers he is not the all around player jpp is but if you use him right he is deadly.
              Osi thinks he's an every down player though. The Giants TRIED to use him right and he whined.
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                Show me some proof where Reese promised Osi anything....other than Osi saying it happened.
                There is also no proof that Reese didn't make a promise to Osi. It's classic he said/ he said. We will never know the answer.
                #80

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                  There is also no proof that Reese didn't make a promise to Osi. It's classic he said/ he said. We will never know the answer.
                  Anyway here is why I think Osi is mad at Reese and why I agree with him. Osi may or may not be or have been a top 5 DE in the league. But Reese gave a ton of money to a few free agents who never really produced much, Boley, Canty, Bass. Meanwhile Osi had many good, and great seasons, one bad one but that was after the injury with Sheridan at the helm. Point is he could not say it this way, "Reese is giving my hard earned $ to these whack free agent signings"
                  Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Anyway...Thanks for the help Osi, but off with ya already...
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                      There is also no proof that Reese didn't make a promise to Osi. It's classic he said/ he said. We will never know the answer.
                      But people side with Osi based on that. A guy who publicly whined about money he didn't deserve...no one else was willing to offer...and had no leverage. Thanks, but you'll pardon me if I don't buy it.
                      Last edited by FBomb; 03-30-2013, 10:46 AM.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        It is just busniness and JR has played this one perfectly over the past 3 years.
                        I wish Osi well.
                        Agreed. There are none better when it comes to business decisions. Hope Osi succeeds and I thank him for his contributions to the two rings.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                          Anyway here is why I think Osi is mad at Reese and why I agree with him. Osi may or may not be or have been a top 5 DE in the league. But Reese gave a ton of money to a few free agents who never really produced much, Boley, Canty, Bass. Meanwhile Osi had many good, and great seasons, one bad one but that was after the injury with Sheridan at the helm. Point is he could not say it this way, "Reese is giving my hard earned $ to these whack free agent signings"
                          Osi was under CONTRACT that he willingly signed...you guys always seem to forget that point when making your arguments. Other holes needed to be filled. The other guys werent handed a boatload of money up front the way Osi was nor were they getting nearly as much as Osi thought he was worth....not to mention these were postions of great need......not panning out as we had hoped has very little to do with anything.
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I have never understood these players, Osi included, who negotiate a contract and sign it and then ask for more money long before the contract is finished. If a player doesn't like the terms of the contract they never should have signed it...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                              I have never understood these players, Osi included, who negotiate a contract and sign it and then ask for more money long before the contract is finished. If a player doesn't like the terms of the contract they never should have signed it...
                              Maybe he didn't realize he would evolve into the player he had become.I believe if he had stayed quiet and been a good soldier he would've been taken care of.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BlueReign View Post
                                Maybe he didn't realize he would evolve into the player he had become.I believe if he had stayed quiet and been a good soldier he would've been taken care of.
                                Another good point. Reese called his bluff because he was being a pain in the *** and no other team offered what Osi thought he was worth.
                                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X