Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BU is probably slower then Chase at this point

Comment

Back to my peeve misconception on the boards. . .

" ((Insert aging released veteran here)) would be a great influence on our young guys. "

If he's a coach, let him coach. . .not all players are teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
        Back to my peeve misconception on the boards. . .

" ((Insert aging released veteran here)) would be a great influence on our young guys. "

If he's a coach, let him coach. . .not all players are teachers.
        in this case the possible HOF would be a good influnce on the young LB core and who ever else they bring in via the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
          Yes, but name a veteran you would rather have our young LBs learn from besides him? On the field he into what he used to be but for 1 year I'd love to have him teach our future draft pick about being a professional.
          If they wanted an old LB to guide the younger ones they can just ask Carson, Banks or Armstread to do it.
          We Want 5!

Comment

Originally posted by LayLow View Post
            If they wanted an old LB to guide the younger ones they can just ask Carson, Banks or Armstread to do it.
            or ask Ray Lewis to come out of retirement and coach them.
            2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
            2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
            3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
            4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
            5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
            6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
            7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              If they were going for that I would have just re-signed Blackburn... too late for that now though...
              Right, cause Blackburn has HoF knowledge of being a 4-3 MLB... Our young guys would learn more in a day from Brian then they would in a season from Blackburn.

Comment

Originally posted by LayLow View Post
                They haven't player in over 10 years. The game is changed. Wth are you talking about?

Comment

It's not that I don't see the argument, and I don't know anything about Urlacher personally, so maybe he's a great teacher/mentor. Maybe he's not.

But who does he take playing time from?? Roster spots are worth their weight in gold, and I doubt BU would play STeams.

I just don't think you take up a roster spot for a mentor. If he's more than that. . .if he's still got game. . .then that's another story.

Comment

I wonder what would Urlacher's salary be if we do get him

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
                      I wonder what would Urlacher's salary be if we do get him
                      He wants more than what anyone is willing to pay for him, which is why he doesn't have a job.

Comment

If he would be willing to come for the min then I would see it as great but that would be dependent on him still being able to contribute play wise to the team. Lets be real, we dont have much going on at LB and I dont think Connor is the answer. We can't do any worse than we are now.

Comment

I'll take Urlacher for the right price and no more than two years. Better than Connors (is that his name?) and better than Herz.

But I'll take Ogletree over all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                            I'll take Urlacher for the right price and no more than two years. Better than Connors (is that his name?) and better than Herz.

But I'll take Ogletree over all of them.
                            How do you know he's better than "Connors" when you don't even know the guy's name?

Comment

Mentoring doesn't make sense when you already have Armstead as a special assistant to the team. And, as asked before, we need players who would you give up for him?

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                                Right, cause Blackburn has HoF knowledge of being a 4-3 MLB... Our young guys would learn more in a day from Brian then they would in a season from Blackburn.
                                As someone else pointed out, just because you're great at something doesn't make you a great teacher. I'd have more faith in Blackburn teaching (hey, he was about to become an actual teacher before JR called him up in 2011) than Urlacher...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X