Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Giants, Jerry Reese Follow No NFL Draft Trends; Expect The Unexpected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That brings up interesting questions. When did we last trade a player or trade up or down in the draft?
    My guess is Ramses Barden.
    Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

    Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

    Comment


    • #17
      Does coach Coughlin has a say on draft day?? Is he in the draft room with JR and company?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by rxc999 View Post
        Does coach Coughlin has a say on draft day?? Is he in the draft room with JR and company?
        Yes, the coach offers input on players he'd like coach or who he feels fits with what he's trying to do but, the final say is the GM's. Yes also on coaches being in the war room on draft day. Coaches usually are the first or second person to talk to their draft picks after a player is drafted when the call is made to them.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          I dont think they will get as good of value as they had last year with Cordy Glenn staring them in the face at 32. If they passed on him I dont see them taking a lesser prospect higher.

          Disagree they dont have a glaring need i think the Dline is in serious trouble.
          I agree, we do have some major holes on this team now. Reese has to make decisions with the hand that has been delt him by ownership. The Mara's have never been big spenders. Always profit first. Its not a hobby with them as it is with a lot of Billionaire owners.
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
            My guess is Ramses Barden.
            And look how well that worked out
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
              I agree, we do have some major holes on this team now. Reese has to make decisions with the hand that has been delt him by ownership. The Mara's have never been big spenders. Always profit first. Its not a hobby with them as it is with a lot of Billionaire owners.
              You can't be serious. How do we end up in CAP hell every year if we aren't big spenders? If profit was first, how is it they haven't raised the price of season tickets in four years.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                I agree, we do have some major holes on this team now. Reese has to make decisions with the hand that has been delt him by ownership. The Mara's have never been big spenders. Always profit first. Its not a hobby with them as it is with a lot of Billionaire owners.

                Holy mother of pearl. Wow! lol

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                  I fully expect the Giants to do what they for the most part always do. Select the player they consider to be the best on their board, at any position that has a need.
                  i agree however the need right now is o-linemen. my mind says JR will go with o-line in the 1st round but my heart says he goes with d-end!

                  never too many pass rushers! JR is a smart guy so hopefully he will get some road graders in to help Eli and the running game.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    Yep it has always been BPA with the Giants and they rarely will trade up or trade picks away
                    It's more Best Value Available

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                      I agree, we do have some major holes on this team now. Reese has to make decisions with the hand that has been delt him by ownership. The Mara's have never been big spenders. Always profit first. Its not a hobby with them as it is with a lot of Billionaire owners.
                      Thats some crazy talk right there. They have no problem spending when neccessary. In fact, I think they've OVER spent a bit, which is why they have very little room under the cap. The Mara's are not the Glazers, who care much more about Man U than the Bucs.
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Drez View Post
                        It's more Best Value Available
                        Reese summed it up best when he said he would draft a player and then worry about where to play him.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          You can't be serious. How do we end up in CAP hell every year if we aren't big spenders? If profit was first, how is it they haven't raised the price of season tickets in four years.
                          Seriously. Jeeps post is just about as bad as that poor soul last night that thought our home jerseys were the whites.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Reese summed it up best when he said he would draft a player and then worry about where to play him.
                            That's what he says, but if you take a look at the picks, they are great players that post a great value where we drafted them. Also, I've noticed that with the exception of Nicks in '09, most of our 1st round picks fill a need the following year.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              Seriously. Jeeps post is just about as bad as that poor soul last night that thought our home jerseys were the whites.
                              It always surprises me when a fan says the team doesn't spend money and/or is only profit driven. What team have they been following? We have had dozens of threads in the last month where the shrinking CAP has been the focal point of discussion. You don't get there without overspending.

                              I just couldn't understand the blue jersey thread
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                That's what he says, but if you take a look at the picks, they are great players that post a great value where we drafted them. Also, I've noticed that with the exception of Nicks in '09, most of our 1st round picks fill a need the following year.
                                He is truly a master at the draft for the most part. Not 100% effective, but more right than wrong.
                                Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-31-2013, 02:46 PM.
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X