This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drez View Post
    The facts still say that Nicks a superior player.

Is that why in the only 2 years Cruz has played, he's had more yards AND more touchdowns in BOTH years?

In Super Bowl 46, guess who the best coach in football chose to double-team? Victor Cruz.

Facts agree with me: Cruz > Nicks. It's not even up for debate.

And even if you were right (which you're not), it's moot because Cruz will be resigned before Nicks anyways.

Comment

Point is, double coverage equals greater chance of injury. Comeback to me when you have at least ten percent of the total games Hakeem has missed and we scored more points based on your claim. While I do love Cruz and what he does, he needs help out there. Randle AND Hakeem. And who said we were greedy? Lol
      Last edited by Sean Montemayor; 04-01-2013, 11:32 PM.
      2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
      2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
      3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
      4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
      5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
      6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
      7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

And throw in Murphy. Why not?
        2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
        2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
        3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
        4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
        5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
        6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
        7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
          If not him, then it would be Cruz, or Randle. Somebody has to be double covered because we draft receivers who develop explosively and are just that good. And one game he missed is not proper statistical justification.

One game? 42 points vs. the Eagles. 41 points vs. the Browns. 36 points vs. the Panthers.

Nicks is sooooooooo valuable to our offense. LOL. Nicks is a product of Eli.

I asked you to look up our overall record when Nicks doesn't play. You'll be surprised how good it is.
          Last edited by EliManningUp; 04-01-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
            Point is, double coverage equals greater chance of injury. Comeback to me when you have at least ten percent of the total games Hakeem has missed and we scored more points based on your claim. While I do love Cruz and what he does, he needs help out there. Randle AND Hakeem. And who said we were greedy? Lol
            36 points vs. the Panthers without Nicks

41 points vs the Browns without Nicks

42 points vs the Eagles without Nicks

^^^All 3 of those games happened this past season.

Nicks is a completely replaceable player in our offense. The proof is in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
              If you think TC would ever hold a player back or use them less because he is worried about future contacts, then you just haven't been paying attention. TC rides the hot hand, and if somebody is having a monster year, he is going to try and ride him to the SB. The front office isn't going to tell him to use Wilson less because he is doing to well. This doesn't happen, unless a team is doing so bad and they are trying to get the first pick in next years draft, then maybe.
              Then why didnt we "ride the hot hand" of Wilson last year?

In his extremely limited role he managed 5TD's, 5.0 yards per rush, and amassed 400yards. Not even counting his impressive KR stats... The guy was explosive. Yet Bradshaw still got all the carries. why?
              Last edited by CowboysSuck; 04-01-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Ok so your getting rid of Nicks to sign a D-end whose sack total fell by 10 sacks last year..Fact. At that pace he will have negative 4.5 sacks next season, Fact. You are an idiot, Fact. You are basing this on a "hakeem nicks clone" who has 19 more career receptions than i do, Fact. The Giants will give more money to Nicks than Cruz, Fact. Why? Because he is worse than Cruz obviously...you do not know football, Fact. Healthy Nicks in 2011 with Cruz, Super Bowl Champs. Healthy Cruz in 2012 without Nicks miss the playoffs, Fact.
                Last edited by AceOspadZ4; 04-02-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EliManningUp View Post

Nicks is a completely replaceable player in our offense. The proof is in the pudding.
                  WOW.

Comment

I miss Sinorice Moss. All he did was catch TD passes and **** *****es.

Comment

Originally posted by EliManningUp View Post
                      Where was I wrong?

0-time Pro-Bowler, 0-time All-Pro, 0 seasons with over 1200 yards

Facts
                      The pro bowl is a joke,nothing but a popularity contest, so don't use that as a criteria for greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by AceOspadZ4 View Post
                        Ok so your getting rid of Nicks to sign a D-end whose sack total fell by 10 sacks last year..Fact. At that pace he will have negative 4.5 sacks next season, Fact. You are an idiot, Fact. You are basing this on a "hakeem nicks clone" who has 19 more career receptions than i do, Fact. The Giants will give more money to Nicks than Cruz, Fact. Why? Because he is worse than Cruz obviously...you do not know football, Fact. Healthy Nicks in 2011 with Cruz, Super Bowl Champs. Healthy Cruz in 2012 without Nicks miss the playoffs, Fact.

Giants in 2011 and 2012 won the same # of games....LOL @ you. I don't even need to address any of your other stupid points. That alone renders everything you said useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          WOW.

I know right, we scored 42, 41, and 36 points last season without Nicks.

My statement is based on facts.

What do you have? Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy View Post
                            The pro bowl is a joke,nothing but a popularity contest, so don't use that as a criteria for greatness.

Nicks has never been worthy of a Pro-Bowl selection.

Comment

Nicks' peers rated him outside the Top 100 in 2011, with 18 receivers ahead of him. They rated him #90 in 2012 coming off his best season, with a boatload of receivers ahead of him as well.

Cruz? #39 in 2012 after 1 season.

Lets' review:

Nicks doesn't have the stats, he doesn't have the credentials, he doesn't even have the high regard of his peers, and his team put up 42, 41, and 36 points in games he missed.

You guys are blindly in love with Nicks and would rather think with emotion/feelings rather than look at the reality of the situation.

Comment

If there's ANYBODY who's going to get a monster contract that we can afford to let walk, it's Nicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X