This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EliManningUp View Post
    I know right, we scored 42, 41, and 36 points last season without Nicks.

My statement is based on facts.

What do you have? Nothing.
    I would respond to this, but I do not know a way in which I can without getting banned.

Comment

If there's ANYBODY who's going to get a monster contract that we can afford to let walk, it's Nicks.
      You have had enough to drink tonight, time to go to bed. Night, Night

Comment

Nicks' peers rated him outside the Top 100 in 2011, with 18 receivers ahead of him. They rated him #90 in 2012 coming off his best season, with a boatload of receivers ahead of him as well.

Cruz? #39 in 2012 after 1 season.

Lets' review:

Nicks doesn't have the stats, he doesn't have the credentials, he doesn't even have the high regard of his peers, and his team put up 42, 41, and 36 points in games he missed.

You guys are blindly in love with Nicks and would rather think with emotion/feelings rather than look at the reality of the situation.
        And that's all a popularity contest. It proves nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy View Post
          You have had enough to drink tonight, time to go to bed. Night, Night
          I've had A LOT to drink tonight, and I'm not that impaired. It must be something other than the alcohol.

Comment

I know right, we scored 42, 41, and 36 points last season without Nicks.

My statement is based on facts.

What do you have? Nothing.
            Let me ask you this: Whom do you think is the better QB, Romo or Eli?

Comment

Giants in 2011 and 2012 won the same # of games....LOL @ you. I don't even need to address any of your other stupid points. That alone renders everything you said useless.
              Last year's schedule was tougher than 2011. Not bad for evening out, but had Nicks been healthy, we would have had a better chance at winning the NFC East. Fact.
              2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
              2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
              3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
              4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
              5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
              6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
              7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Wrong, Cruz is a much better receiver than Nicks. Cruz was an All-Pro in 2011 and a Pro-Bowler in 2012. Cruz was voted the 39th best player on the Top 100 by his peers last offseason. What credentials does Nicks have? Nothing.
                apparently nicks is suppose to be this top 5 monster when healthy. Nicks is the most overrated player i have ever seen by giant fans. He beats out Steve smith by a large margin. The guy is a good receiver, but the hype that surrounds him on here is ridiculous.
                Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-02-2013, 12:56 AM.
                Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                  apparently nicks is suppose to be this top 5 monster when healthy. Nicks is the most overrated player i have ever seen by giant fans. He beats out Steve smith by a large margin. The guy is a good receiver, but the hype that surrounds him on here is ridiculous.
                  The only Giants fans that think that Nicks is overrated are Cruz fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Let me ask you this: Whom do you think is the better QB, Romo or Eli?

That has nothing to do with anything in this thread.

Comment

100% agreed. He's the #1 most overrated player by Giants fans.

He's a good receiver at best when healthy. Not great.

Comment

The only Giants fans that think that Nicks is overrated are Cruz fanboys.
                        This is false. I actually want cruz to leave so we can get a first round pick.

~Big Mike~

Comment

That has nothing to do with anything in this thread.
                          But, it does. Statistically speaking Romo can be seen as the better QB. Objective analysis says that that is incorrect.

Comment

But, it does. Statistically speaking Romo can be seen as the better QB. Objective analysis says that that is incorrect.

No, it doesn't.

Comment

This is false. I actually want cruz to leave so we can get a first round pick.

And now Drez is left scratching his balls.

Comment

100% agreed. He's the #1 most overrated player by Giants fans.

He's a good receiver at best when healthy. Not great.
                                +1

Our offense played better when nicks was out and you saw what Randell did when he actually got some playing time on the outside. He had what, 3 touchdowns in one game? we saw what plax did when he played on the outside. we saw what mario manningham did in games where he played on the outside for us.. we saw what steve smith did (more than nicks) when he played a whole season as the #1. as a matter a fact we saw what derick hegan did when he was forced to start on the outside.

Maybe its just me, but there is a pattern here. And that pattern tells me we have a damn good QB and a offensive system that doesn't get enough credit. if you think nicks is good, then imagine if we had someone like brandon marshall. Or Aj green. I Dont see anything that nicks does that a lot of other guys cant do. Hes not fast, hes not tall, hes not very elusive or quick. hes very average and catches the ball good in traffic. I can name you 20+ other receivers that catches the ball good in traffic

Lol i think it was just a couple months ago someone on here said nicks is faster than cruz and would probably runt he 40 in the high 4.3 range. Lol this whole nicks think is a joke
                                Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-02-2013, 02:11 AM.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Working...
                                X