This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone worry that Nicks...

Will have a huuuge season and demand even more money than he would get right now? Haha obviously i wouldnt be disappointed. Love watchin a healthy Nicks play

Not too worried about Nicks. He will likely sit a couple games if history tells us anything. That, compounded with 2 other premier wideouts in Cruz and Randle should keep his numbers below a Megatronable salary

My main worry is this happening to Wilson. I think if wilson gets most of the snaps (85% or so), he will have a blockbuster, break-out year.

Therefore, we should most definitely have a healthy 50/50 or 60/40 split going on all year. We don't want Brown or Wilson running for 1,500 yards and 12 TD's. I think the Giants are actually conscious of this stuff to a degree; they must be.
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 04-01-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

never worried about a player having a huge season. Thats what you want.....deal with the $$ later
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I expect the same Nicks from 2011

Comment

Only on Tuesdays. On Mondays I worry about winning the Super Bowl.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            never worried about a player having a huge season. Thats what you want.....deal with the $$ later
            I agree with you, but I feel the FO may think otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
              Not too worried about Nicks. He will likely sit a couple games if history tells us anything. That, compounded with 2 other premier wideouts in Cruz and Randle should keep his numbers below a Megatronable salary

My main worry is this happening to Wilson. I think if wilson gets most of the snaps (85% or so), he will have a blockbuster, break-out year.

Therefore, we should most definitely have a healthy 50/50 or 60/40 split going on all year. We don't want Brown or Wilson running for 1,500 yards and 12 TD's. I think the Giants are actually conscious of this stuff to a degree; they must be.
              If you think TC would ever hold a player back or use them less because he is worried about future contacts, then you just haven't been paying attention. TC rides the hot hand, and if somebody is having a monster year, he is going to try and ride him to the SB. The front office isn't going to tell him to use Wilson less because he is doing to well. This doesn't happen, unless a team is doing so bad and they are trying to get the first pick in next years draft, then maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post

Why would Wilson having a big year be worse than Nicks? Wilson can't even think about holding out until after 2014, Nicks contract is up after this year, and more importantly, WRs make way more money than RBs.

Nicks missing 2 games, yet still putting up ~1200 yards and 10+ tds will still likely cost more than what Wilson would get.

Comment

Would be a great problem, no doubt. Wilson has a few years to go before we need to worry. I doubt he will hold out even after a huge year.
                  # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

I hope he does, that way we can't resign him. I don't want him resigned after this season. We already have Randle to take over his role in the offense. We need the cap space for JPP.

Comment

If you think Randle can just step in and produce the way Nicks has youre crazy. Nicks is the best receiver the giants have ever had (arguably). Theres a reason Randle fell to the last pick of the 2nd round and he hasnt shown he can be a starting receiver yet, let alone our #1. I beg you to not take Nicks for granted, when healthy he is one of the best in the league

Comment

Originally posted by EliManningUp View Post
                        I hope he does, that way we can't resign him. I don't want him resigned after this season. We already have Randle to take over his role in the offense. We need the cap space for JPP.
                        If you don't want Nicks on this team go turn in your fan card. Not your Giants fan card, but your football fan card.

Comment

You. Leave. Now.
                          2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                          2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                          3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                          4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                          5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                          6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                          7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by AceOspadZ4 View Post
                            If you think Randle can just step in and produce the way Nicks has youre crazy. Nicks is the best receiver the giants have ever had (arguably). Theres a reason Randle fell to the last pick of the 2nd round and he hasnt shown he can be a starting receiver yet, let alone our #1. I beg you to not take Nicks for granted, when healthy he is one of the best in the league

LOL what production are you speaking of?

Hakeem "Nicked" and his zero Pro-Bowl/All-Pro credentials? Zero 1200 yard seasons?

Wow, such high standards that Randle has to live up to

"Nicked" has never been "one of the best in the league". Only a blatant homer would call a 0-time Pro-Bowler/All-Pro one of the best in the league

And yes by 2014 Rueben Randle will be doing exactly what "Nicked" has done.

Comment

LOL what production are you speaking of?

Hakeem "Nicked" and his zero Pro-Bowl/All-Pro credentials? Zero 1200 yard seasons?

Wow, such high standards that Randle has to live up to

"Nicked" has never been "one of the best in the league". Only a blatant homer would call a 0-time Pro-Bowler/All-Pro one of the best in the league

And yes by 2014 Rueben Randle will be doing exactly what "Nicked" has done.
                              I can honestly say this is the most ignorant thing I've read here in a while. And that is saying ​a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X