Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruz balks at $21 Mil. guaranteed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    However him turning down 21M guaranteed is not. We need to trade him to get some value now or get nothing when he becomes a UFA
    This is a media report, not quite a fact
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #32
      Why would Cruz sign now?? The last paragraph of the article is the main point. That offer is on the table. A good agent would tell his client to wait it out until April 19th. What if another team comes along and says...ok...we will give you more than Wallace? What if a team comes and says we will give you $30 mil gauranteed and give the Giants a 1st round pick? There is no rush for Cruz to sign anything. He will likely wait until close to the deadline and if nothing better comes along....he will probably sign.

      Comment


      • #33
        whatever just sign cruz
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

        2015 season tbd

        Comment


        • #34
          yet another who is bigger than the team

          looking forward to his lazy play once he gets paid

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by hadenough View Post
            He will likely wait until close to the deadline and if nothing better comes along....he will probably sign.
            This is what I've been thinking, it'll depend on if he's at all happy with the offer, though.

            I'm curious as to what Andre Brown is up to; I don't believe he's signed his tender, either. Perhaps he's also waiting for an offer sheet?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by hadenough View Post
              Why would Cruz sign now?? The last paragraph of the article is the main point. That offer is on the table. A good agent would tell his client to wait it out until April 19th. What if another team comes along and says...ok...we will give you more than Wallace? What if a team comes and says we will give you $30 mil gauranteed and give the Giants a 1st round pick? There is no rush for Cruz to sign anything. He will likely wait until close to the deadline and if nothing better comes along....he will probably sign.
              +1 We fans are always in a rush. I don't think any team is going to make Cruz an offer because of the 1st round pick. But to simply assume that, as his agent, is to do a disservice to your client.

              When the first report came out about $7M for 3 years I said then that's not long term enough. If I were Cruz/Condon I'd want a 4 - 6 year deal but would have to have a strategy to get that long term a deal. I might counter the original offer with a higher guarantee request to get the contract extended out. We are getting other peoples' thoughts on what's going on behind closed doors.

              Condon negotiated Eli's contracts and if you don't think these same issues were negotiated back and forth over a period of time you would be wrong.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                This is what I've been thinking, it'll depend on if he's at all happy with the offer, though.

                I'm curious as to what Andre Brown is up to; I don't believe he's signed his tender, either. Perhaps he's also waiting for an offer sheet?
                The same logic applies to Brown. Why sign before the 19th? What's the incentive?
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #38
                  of course im a Giants fan and want Cruz on the team but how can someone in their right mind turn down that much money guaranteed?

                  hopefully the Giants and Cruz can come to a happy medium but if hes set on the additional 6 mil im with the Giants in denying it!

                  this guy is trying to break the bank already.

                  being greedy has its consequences!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bansaw View Post
                    yet another who is bigger than the team

                    looking forward to his lazy play once he gets paid
                    STOP lol
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by embeshAtYa View Post
                      This crap with the 49ers... Make me want to stick my foot in Cruz *** and send him. Also make me want to Hope to the football gods that we can have a good defense
                      IT WAS A JOKE
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        The same logic applies to Brown. Why sign before the 19th? What's the incentive?
                        I'm just wondering if he could also be after an extension.

                        Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                        this guy is trying to break the bank already.

                        being greedy has its consequences!
                        You could just as easily say that the Giants have been ripping him off for two years.
                        Last edited by Flip Empty; 04-02-2013, 11:14 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Maybe it's not a big deal but if he would sign already maybe they would now where they stand as a team and can start working on other players and positions.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                            Maybe it's not a big deal but if he would sign already maybe they would now where they stand as a team and can start working on other players and positions.
                            Seriously, they know where they stand for 2013. He's playing here. Reese and Condon are going to joust back and forth until they can each claim victory. That's how contract negotiations work.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              I'm just wondering if he could also be after an extension.
                              I would if I were him. I'd want at least a 5 year deal. So you ask for somthing they won't give you in the guarantee and take a longer contract. It's just how they come to an agreement. Like making sausage; no one would east it if they saw it being made.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                Seriously, they know where they stand for 2013. He's playing here. Reese and Condon are going to joust back and forth until they can each claim victory. That's how contract negotiations work.
                                Still think he plays here next year but there is no guarantee. A team could come forward with an offer and he could take it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X