Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Victor Cruz says "Believe None Of What You Hear And Half Of What You See"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    This thread's title is fitting. Especially right near the Cruz is looking for Dwayne Bowe money thread.

I hope Cruz settles into the 7-8 million dollar range, gets a nice signing bonus, and some kick-*** endorsements.
    What is really amazing is had some just read the Daily News article and not relied on the ever screwed up Bleacher Report regurgitation of the Daily News piece, we would have had a better handle on exactly what was being said. Tom Condon is not the agent referred to as Cruz's 'former agent" which would have negated those chastising Cruz for changing agents "again."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      The team seems to have made an initial offer in the $7M range. We'll see how things go but I would be very surprised if Condon would consider accepting any offer before the deadline on 4/19
      So we'll agree now, that Bob Papa, actually did have good information when he reported that yesterday??

Comment

Let me ask you this. Why should he sign the offered contract? Who does that in real life? Do you think Eli just said "OH, OK, I'll take it" when he got his first offer?
        I think the Giants high point is 5 years 40 million. I think that is a fair amount for both sides. Im sure the Giants want 3 years so they can reevaluate when Randle becomes a FA

Comment

• Cruz has to factor in the money he loses if he plays on this tender. If the Giants go 8 a year thats 5 he loses in the first year,

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            I think the Giants high point is 5 years 40 million. I think that is a fair amount for both sides. Im sure the Giants want 3 years so they can reevaluate when Randle becomes a FA
            I love Cruz bu that's WAY too high.
            Thats a bad deal for the team.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
              So we'll agree now, that Bob Papa, actually did have good information when he reported that yesterday??
              I don't agree at all. He's the source for the media on this one.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                I agree +/- with the terms, Randle we'll wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                  "Cruz, with his former agent, was believed to be seeking much more, however. Several NFL sources said his asking price was closer to $10 million-$11 million per year, which is about the going rate for a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. "

He fired his former agent for a reason. The article is just another speculative fluff piece.

Comment

• lol @ people thinking Cruz signing with Jay-z's company is something great.

I still lol @ Jay being a Cowboys fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by DVision View Post
                      "Cruz, with his former agent, was believed to be seeking much more, however. Several NFL sources said his asking price was closer to $10 million-$11 million per year, which is about the going rate for a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. "

He fired his former agent for a reason. The article is just another speculative fluff piece.
                      +1

Comment

• Originally posted by Napstew View Post
                        lol @ people thinking Cruz signing with Jay-z's company is something great.

I still lol @ Jay being a Cowboys fan.
                        Jay-Z is a fan of NY teams. The Cowboys are his "Pops" team. And Cruz signed with Roc Nation which is CAA. I lol @ your lack of facts

Comment

• Originally posted by DVision View Post
                          Jay-Z is a fan of NY teams. The Cowboys are his "Pops" team. And Cruz signed with Roc Nation which is CAA. I lol @ your lack of facts
                          You need to get your facts straight, slim. Jay z is a Cowboys fan. He came out his mouth and said it. He was at the Cowboys game/ stadium hanging out with Jerry Jones (there was video of this).

Jay is a businessman hoping on Cruz bandwagon because he is hot right now.

Comment

You need to get your facts straight, slim. Jay z is a Cowboys fan. He came out his mouth and said it. He was at the Cowboys game/ stadium hanging out with Jerry Jones (there was video of this).

Why is his being a Cowboy fan relevant?

Comment

Really . . . the Cowboys don't have 10 cents left under the cap, much less $10M. Maybe he thinks that he will steer Cruz away from the Giants just to hurt a division foe. Seems implausible.

Comment

"Cowboys, that's my pop's team — what I'mma do? The Cowboys and the Jets in the Super Bowl. I'm gonna put that out there,"

Those are Jay-Z's words, not mine slim! You think he's never been to Metlife?

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                It's not

Comment

Working...
                                X