Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Victor Cruz says "Believe None Of What You Hear And Half Of What You See"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Let's not make assumptions. This has not been picked up by any major new source. Bob Papa is a nice, guy but I'm pretty sure he's not in the room during negotiations. He is reporting what he thinks.
    Pappa is employed by the Giants. I would think it would be bad for job security if he reported something that the Giants didn't want released. Obviously he isn't in the negotiating room, but thanks for pointing that out. I just don't see the voice of the Giants starting false rumors. It makes no sense for him to do that.

Comment

You are 100% correct
      The offer could go down if he does not get the interest he thinks he will?
      Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

did he say #cruzdaytuesday? this guy

Comment

I understand businees, but theres a difference between being greedy and reasonable, but hey, if he thinks he can get paid more than I can't really blame him, but i'd like to becausse i'm a fan and want him to stay here in blue.
          sigpic

Comment

Wallace is a better receiver than Cruz, more speed and better hands. Eli makes anyone look better, including Cruz. Go get a right tackle and pickup another receiver if needed, but that much guaranteed money for Cruz is outlandish.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
              Can anyone help me with this whole thing: Why exactly would Cruz sign the Giants offer before the 19th, when offers from other teams are still an option?

He can't get hurt by not getting an offer, and he can be helped if there is one.

Unless the Giants said the offer had a sunset, why would he not just wait and see what develops? If nothing comes up, move on and sign (or don't), but I don't see why he would sign anything now, even if he was happy with it.

Am I wrong here?
              I think the same way you do...No news until the 19th...

Comment

Don't we have any players out clubbing with unregistered guns in their waistbands?
                Offseason isn't over yet ! Lets hope our guys play it safe and stay out of harms way.
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                  The offer could go down if he does not get the interest he thinks he will?
                  Not likely
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by rar57 View Post
                    Wallace is a better receiver than Cruz, more speed and better hands. Eli makes anyone look better, including Cruz. Go get a right tackle and pickup another receiver if needed, but that much guaranteed money for Cruz is outlandish.
                    Who are we to say what's too much in a financially obscene environment?
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      Or Skip Bayless...
                      Even lol

Comment

Let me ask you this. Why should he sign the offered contract? Who does that in real life? Do you think Eli just said "OH, OK, I'll take it" when he got his first offer?
                        well i think thats unfair

I don't think this is the first contract hes been offered and the bar has been set for players similiar to him
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                          well i think thats unfair

I don't think this is the first contract hes been offered and the bar has been set for players similiar to him
                          We know for sure from John Mara that Cruz was made an offer. We know from Steve Tisch that it was more than either Welker or Amendola. We GUESS that means $7M per year. Everything else we've heard is speculation at best. If the bar you refer to is $6M, we're already beyond that.

Since Condon was hired as Cruz's agent, reportedly because Victor wanted someone who cold work better with the Giants, I would venture a guess that there has at least been one counter-proposal made by Codon and maybe there have been several counters beyond that. We simply don't know. It's every player's right to negotiate the best deal he can get.

I'm not sure what you mean by unfair, but this really seems to be a typical negotiation in progress.

Comment

According to kffl.com Cruz switched agents so that he could eventually be with JayZs new agency.

Comment

Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                              According to kffl.com Cruz switched agents so that he could eventually be with JayZs new agency.
                              He would have known that before we did. He made the right move in hiring Condon.

Comment

He would have known that before we did. He made the right move in hiring Condon.
                                This. I doubt that Cruz would put the future of his family on the line just to pair up with a friend.

No matter how awesome Jay-Z is at everything he does...
                                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Working...
                                X