Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Victor Cruz says "Believe None Of What You Hear And Half Of What You See"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We know for sure from John Mara that Cruz was made an offer. We know from Steve Tisch that it was more than either Welker or Amendola. We GUESS that means $7M per year. Everything else we've heard is speculation at best. If the bar you refer to is $6M, we're already beyond that.

Since Condon was hired as Cruz's agent, reportedly because Victor wanted someone who cold work better with the Giants, I would venture a guess that there has at least been one counter-proposal made by Codon and maybe there have been several counters beyond that. We simply don't know. It's every player's right to negotiate the best deal he can get.

I'm not sure what you mean by unfair, but this really seems to be a typical negotiation in progress.
    I honestly don't think Bob Papa was just pulling numbers out of his ***. I would bet he gets his info from a pretty reliable source within the organization. Any other reporter, I would take it with a grain of salt. But he has too much at stake to be starting rumors based on his own "speculation". I wouldn't be surprised if the team purposely gave him the info as a negotiating tactic, to show the fans how much they are willing to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      This. I doubt that Cruz would put the future of his family on the line just to pair up with a friend.

No matter how awesome Jay-Z is at everything he does...
      +1 Jay-Z wants to make a name in the sports and entertainment representation indistry. No better way to do that than affiliate yourself with one of the elite firms in the business.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
        I honestly don't think Bob Papa was just pulling numbers out of his ***. I would bet he gets his info from a pretty reliable source within the organization. Any other reporter, I would take it with a grain of salt. But he has too much at stake to be starting rumors based on his own "speculation". I wouldn't be surprised if the team purposely gave him the info as a negotiating tactic, to show the fans how much they are willing to spend.
        Anything is possible, but they have had no problem having John Mara and Steve Tisch making public statements. What does Papa have at stake? He's a media head, he doesn't ever have to be right.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Anything is possible, but they have had no problem having John Mara and Steve Tisch making public statements. What does Papa have at stake? He's a media head, he doesn't ever have to be right.
          The fact that the Giants pay his salary is what he has at stake. He is pretty much the voice of the team. It wouldn't be smart for him to make public statements that would upset his bosses.

Comment

The fact that the Giants pay his salary is what he has at stake. He is pretty much the voice of the team. It wouldn't be smart for him to make public statements that would upset his bosses.
            Bob wears many hats with separate paychecks. I didn't hear the interview, but I'm pretty sure he did not say he was representing the team.

Comment

Bob wears many hats with separate paychecks. I didn't hear the interview, but I'm pretty sure he did not say he was representing the team.
              You're getting very technical. Obviously he didn't state he was speaking for the team. But, it doesn't change the fact that he is emplyed by them and that it wouldn't be in his best interest to report things that aren't true, regarding the team that pays him.

Comment

You're getting very technical. Obviously he didn't state he was speaking for the team. But, it doesn't change the fact that he is emplyed by them and that it wouldn't be in his best interest to report things that aren't true, regarding the team that pays him.
                We will agree to disagree on this one. No other major sports news outlet picked up on this.

Comment

this kid is becoming quite the primadonna

more <3 for nicks all day

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                    this kid is becoming quite the primadonna
                    How is that?

Comment

just from what i see... one man's opinion, thats all

Comment

just from what i see... one man's opinion, thats all
                        Is he entitled to negotiate his contract?

Comment

sure, but why squabble over a few million when you're in every other commercial, making that much if not more?

Comment

sure, but why squabble over a few million when you're in every other commercial, making that much if not more?
                            How many commercials is he in, and what does that have to do with his football contract? I'm trying to understand why you say he's a prima donna?

Comment

he's in many... tom coughlin even commented on how busy he was with endorsements over last offseason. and it has to do with a football contract in the sense that he's looking for more money when he already has more money than he could spend (if we're referring to the humble patterson kid).

Comment

It's very easy to make decisions with other people's money.

That "few million," you so nonchalantly shrug off is likely more than any of here will make in a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X