Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Victor Cruz says "Believe None Of What You Hear And Half Of What You See"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    Toomer was on Sirius this morning talking about how the endorsement opportunities in NY are vastly overrated. He said that if you make a $200K a year in endorsements you are killing it.
    And that is for a guy like Toomer. Cruz' star is burning quite a lot brighter. If memory serves, Toomer wasn't in any national ad campaigns.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
      you just said it yourself. 2 million is more than anyone will prolly ever make on here. need i say more for a guy who will end up with $20+ million guaranteed either way?
      Just because he's way above our income bracket, why should he settle for less than he can get?

      Jealously is ugly.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Drez View Post
        And that is for a guy like Toomer. Cruz' star is burning quite a lot brighter. If memory serves, Toomer wasn't in any national ad campaigns.
        Yes, I'm not sure Toomer has any more insight into endorsements than I do
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Drez View Post
          Just because he's way above our income bracket, why should he settle for less than he can get?

          Jealously is ugly.
          +1
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Does he do commercials for his clothing line?
            Not that I'm aware of, but it is non-football income, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has little and less to do with the actual design of the clothing. He just promotes the hell out of it on Twitter and the like.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
              Toomer was on Sirius this morning talking about how the endorsement opportunities in NY are vastly overrated. He said that if you make a $200K a year in endorsements you are killing it.
              Combination of right circumstances, marketability and New York paid off for Cruz. So yes, it helps to bring the trophy and be a breakout star - those are all the right circumstances for Cruz. Not all of these players are marketable like that, so don't expect everybody to make lots of money in endorsements in New York but that's not a problem for Cruz.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                And that is for a guy like Toomer. Cruz' star is burning quite a lot brighter. If memory serves, Toomer wasn't in any national ad campaigns.
                Well, what is Cruz making for the soup commercial?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  Not that I'm aware of, but it is non-football income, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has little and less to do with the actual design of the clothing. He just promotes the hell out of it on Twitter and the like.
                  I seem to remember reading some time ago that his girlfriend was the brains behind the clothing venture.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    Well, what is Cruz making for the soup commercial?
                    Campbell's is a big account I would think. How about Eli and DirecTV? I have no clue, but I would not be surprised if a long term nationally broadcast endorsement would be worth millions
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Campbell's is a big account I would think. How about Eli and DirecTV? I have no clue, but I would not be surprised if a long term nationally broadcast endorsement would be worth millions
                      I would be . . . . especially since it looks like he did only one soup commercial.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        I would be . . . . especially since it looks like he did only one soup commercial.
                        I did say long term deal
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          I would be . . . . especially since it looks like he did only one soup commercial.
                          I've seen at least 4 different commercials.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            I've seen at least 4 different commercials.
                            Whatever he gets, I'd take half
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              Whatever he gets, I'd take half
                              I'll happily take whatever he made on IR his rookie season.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                I'll happily take whatever he made on IR his rookie season.
                                That too lol
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X