Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julian Edelman visiting the Giants.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Also no news about Caldwell
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      white
      Whoa man, that's racist.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • Free agent WR/PR Julian Edelman left his visit with the Giants without a contract.It was Edelman's first visit of free agency, and he may have plans to give other teams a look. We certainly wouldn't rule out the soon-to-be 27-year-old re-signing with the Patriots. ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss wondered in his weekly chat if a one-year, $2 million deal could get Edelman back in New England.Related: Giants
        Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter Apr 4 - 8:51 PM

        Comment


        • Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          So what's the update? Did he come? And if so, did he leave w/o a contract which would mean the giants were not impressed or he is wanting more then what the giants are offering
          Last I heard he's mulling over our offer, as well as the Pats. I guess there's a third team that has shown interest. From what I heard from the beats on twitter, the visit went well, and he is interested, but if all things are equal he will likely return to NE.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter Apr 4 - 8:51 PM
            Two million dollars? Are those the type of ballpark figures?

            Yeah, no thanks, Edelman. Take a hike lol.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by UKAnt14 View Post
              I'd say he'd more likely be competition with JJ for the third WR spot.
              I agree....and for return duties too.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                Two million dollars? Are those the type of ballpark figures?

                Yeah, no thanks, Edelman. Take a hike lol.
                Would anyone other than the Pats pay $2m for him?

                I guess it's just speculation on Reiss' part about what kind of contract would get Edelman back to NE, but I don't know who'd pay that, including NE.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  Would anyone other than the Pats pay $2m for him?

                  I guess it's just speculation on Reiss' part about what kind of contract would get Edelman back to NE, but I don't know who'd pay that, including NE.
                  I doubt it. The number itself seems off to me. If he signed with NY for two million per year, then I'd be concerned with Cruz's status.

                  Not because Edelman would in essence replace Cruz, but because we're paying another slot receiver similar money to Cruz's tender, which -- if all else fails -- will be his 2013 salary. That'd be a huge slap in the face to Cruz, so I doubt NY even discussed anything north of one million.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    I doubt it. The number itself seems off to me. If he signed with NY for two million per year, then I'd be concerned with Cruz's status.

                    Not because Edelman would in essence replace Cruz, but because we're paying another slot receiver similar money to Cruz's tender, which -- if all else fails -- will be his 2013 salary. That'd be a huge slap in the face to Cruz, so I doubt NY even discussed anything north of one million.
                    Unless we were planning on jettisoning JJ, which would be highly unlikely.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      Unless we were planning on jettisoning JJ, which would be highly unlikely.
                      Yeah, that seems unlikely. It appeared that they were gradually sprinkling Jernigan in on offense towards the latter part of the year.

                      Now he didn't produce much, but if he can just get his feet under him and start playing much faster, he could be a nice surprise for us.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        Two million dollars? Are those the type of ballpark figures?

                        Yeah, no thanks, Edelman. Take a hike lol.
                        I want Edelman, but for $2mil? I'd be insanely pissed if we paid $2million for him while we go into the season with Diehl as our best RT

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                          I want Edelman, but for $2mil? I'd be insanely pissed if we paid $2million for him while we go into the season with Diehl as our best RT
                          Yeah, I'm skeptical of Reese dishing out two million for a backup slot receiver. Can't see that happening.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                          Comment


                          • The guy is a little spark plug. We could use a player like him on our offense
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                            # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                            1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                            ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                            Comment


                            • I think JR will dish o0ut 2 milion per year for Edelman simply because the guy is so versatile.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                                I think JR will dish o0ut 2 milion per year for Edelman simply because the guy is so versatile.
                                So was Hixon, but I doubt he will make anything north of 1-1.25 million in Carolina.
                                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X